Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Not the same category of car as Taycan, but really neat features and a tech.

I see it as the one level under the RR Ghost.
The rear seating is beautiful

Sponsored

Edinburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S on order
Country flag
I have no doubt it is a technological tour de force, but why have they made the outside so offensively unattractive?
7 series of old used to be well proportioned and purposeful looking cars which people aspired to owning.
The Bangle era design saw BMW veer away from this winning formula and the latest electric offering has a face that, to my eyes at least, is reason enough not to ever consider purchasing one, regardless of how good the interior or tech is.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have no doubt it is a technological tour de force, but why have they made the outside so offensively unattractive?
7 series of old used to be well proportioned and purposeful looking cars which people aspired to owning.
The Bangle era design saw BMW veer away from this winning formula and the latest electric offering has a face that, to my eyes at least, is reason enough not to ever consider purchasing one, regardless of how good the interior or tech is.
Think China.
Large grills, obnoxious lighting, overuse of screens, rear seat focus

I wish It was on a dedicated BEV platform, but I like better than the EQS. Nothing else in the luxury saloon space is interesting

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Surely only of any interest to somebody who employs a chauffeur?

Our rear seats are almost never used for adults.

Having a spacious, luxurious rear cabin in a car makes me lose interest in it since I will be wasting money and size on something I’ll never use.

Having written that I was impressed on behalf of passengers by the big rear screen.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Surely only of any interest to somebody who employs a chauffeur?

Our rear seats are almost never used for adults.

Having a spacious, luxurious rear cabin in a car makes me lose interest in it since I will be wasting money and size on something I’ll never use.

Having written that I was impressed on behalf of passengers by the big rear screen.
Yes, only to be driven in and to impress your friends which will sit in the back seat on your way to dinner.

Like yourself I prefer to drive. The target demo is be chauffeured.

For your region I believe you only get the SWB, but NA & China get the LWB

Last edited:

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
BMWs these days look like three different teams designed the front, middle, and rear of the cars without collaboration and then they just stuck them together.

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
There is no SWB i7, pretty sure they did away with that entirely on the G70 platform. The front end is aggressively ugly, but people seem split on the design over on Bimmerpost. I also have an iX M60 on order, but it looks 100 times better than the new 7 Series and X7 front end.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Not the same category of car as Taycan, but really neat features and a tech.

I see it as the one level under the RR Ghost.

Exterior is growing on me. I cant say that I feel good about that but its the truth. 😟

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Exterior is growing on me. I cant say that I feel good about that but its the truth. 😟
Same.
If your reference is BMW design, then it looks really funky, but I think of it as a mini Rolls so it's more acceptable.

It does remind of the Hongqi HS9 though.
Porsche Taycan BMW i7 tgyym3ubk2cy_800

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Yeah, if they need the bling bling for certain markets, fine, but why not being smart enough and offer a base (cheaper) version without the bling bling for the rest of their customers?

Same thing for the front grill, can easily offer 2 different design choices to soften the design blow! :whew:

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
These new designs will make me switch to a different German brand, after owning BMW’s for >15 years.
I already did. Like you after 14 years , owning three BMWs, switched to Porsche because of driving dynamics and mostly looks:). Hope Porsche continues to stay true to its design and driving dynamics.

Last edited:

Pete85

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, X1 hybrid
Country flag
I dont like the i7 either but have to say, to my eyes all Merc EV:s look much worse. They look so fat and round, horrible designs. The i4 looks very decent when you see it live and the new iX1 is a nice design. I have yet to see a nice looking Merc EV.
Sponsored