andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Hi: I'm moving from a BMW M4 convertible (2015) --> Taycan GTS. But I live in San Francisco -- tight driving, bad roads. I drive a lot out of the city, so just wondering about the Taycan driving experience in a big city -- especially from anyone who was originally in a smaller sports car.
Sponsored

GoDucksYellO

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Silverado 2500HD
Country flag
I went from a 2015 M3 to Taycan 4S. I don't feel like the size difference is that big really. It is wider and you notice that in smaller parking spots, but this car handles amazing, and the air suspension makes the roads smoother than the M3. If you want it to feel even smaller in the city, I would recommend optioning the rear wheel steering. That's the one option I would add if I had it to do again.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I went from a 2015 M3 to Taycan 4S. I don't feel like the size difference is that big really. It is wider and you notice that in smaller parking spots, but this car handles amazing, and the air suspension makes the roads smoother than the M3. If you want it to feel even smaller in the city, I would recommend optioning the rear wheel steering. That's the one option I would add if I had it to do again.
Once you’ve driven the car for a while and acclimated to the wider and longer dimensions, it doesn’t feel so big anymore because it handles and steers so well.

Reactions: B61

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I live in Amsterdam, small streets, bikes and more. I have a M3 X3 and Taycan and driving is no problem in Amsterdam. I suggest, if still possible, to add the 4 wheel steering. It helps turning on small streets. Only thing to accept ( or get annoyed by) is that your rims get damaged easily when parking in narrow streets.

OP
OP

andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Thanks, I have the rear-wheel steering as part of my options.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I had an M2 before the Taycan.

It is bigger but you soon get used to it. Visibility is poorer - but you start relying on the tech more.
Surround parking and side cameras are excellent.

I soon found it nearly as easy to drive as the M2 except when meeting oncoming traffic on country lanes.
And then you remember how wide it is.

You will soon get used to it.

👍
Sponsored