Bordeaux/Black - Neodyme or Darksilver

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
I guess if you like the Iron Man look, neodyme and bordeaux works well enough.

I believe selecting neodyme also gives a neodyme-like accent to the face of sport chrono, unless you chose the PD clock, which remains the same regardless of accent trim choice.
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have full black leather with dark silver as an option. I like the look. It is also on the GT stearing wheel.

Porsche Taycan Bordeaux/Black - Neodyme or Darksilver 20B38C8B-3A31-4B64-BDD3-D90260C1AE8C

Porsche Taycan Bordeaux/Black - Neodyme or Darksilver 7D51CECA-7ECE-4B5F-8ABF-E79CDB50D3A2

Porsche Taycan Bordeaux/Black - Neodyme or Darksilver D8ADB264-9A5A-469B-9616-0F521B9E404E

Porsche Taycan Bordeaux/Black - Neodyme or Darksilver 56C696AB-505D-4C26-8713-A2D237BACA73

RaidenTsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY20 E-tron 55. Taycan Cross Turismo 4 ordered
Country flag
I went for the full black with neo and bordeaux red seat belt.
I was considering bordeaux seats + neo. Saw one in show room, very classy look. But my wife thinks it's a bit too much with the cherry exterior she prefers. Well, wife always wins.

Porsche Taycan Bordeaux/Black - Neodyme or Darksilver 5

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I went for the full black with neo and bordeaux red seat belt.
I was considering bordeaux seats + neo. Saw one in show room, very classy look. But my wife thinks it's a bit too much with the cherry exterior she prefers. Well, wife always wins.

5.jpg
Thanks R - looks great!

EJM22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I specced bordeaux red with neodyme. I’ve only seen pics online. I like the look. I’ve seen neodyme in person and it’s not as gold as configurator.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I specced bordeaux red with neodyme. I’ve only seen pics online. I like the look. I’ve seen neodyme in person and it’s not as gold as configurator.
Thanks E - much appreciated - I have a request with my OPC to see one if one comes in - but in any case, I will probably take the risk and spec that bordeaux-neo combo even if I can't get to see one before I need to spec it.

Many thanks

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
1st world problemo...... Thinking of Bordeaux/Black interior. Accent?

Not sure on accent colour (Neo or DarkS), because the colour rendering of Bordeaux on config and in web-pics tends to be oversaturated .... will try to see in OPC but opportunities few and far between.

For most black-brown-blue-beige interiors I like the Neo bling - highlights very nicely - the grey/black of darksilver is a bit Meh....

but not sure if Neo's tending towards the orange-ish side of the spectrum clashes with the Bordeaux?

Anyone got a bordeaux-neo combo? - happy?
.... anyone went for darksilver to a avoid clash?

Thoughts appreciated - thanks.
Too much clash of colour - your interior will look like a Quality Street wrapper.

Keep in mind Porsche's pricing psychology is 10/10. I'm sensitive to it because I work in that industry.

Porsche option = better / more aesthetic.

This isn't true.

The Sport Design carbon package is a good example. Looks horrific, it's a dirt magnet and at a £2,500+ premium.

The accent packages fit that profile. They are gloss painted plastic. Look and feel tacky, especially around the cupholders.

Standard matte black is also plastic, but it's matte black and has a more premium look to it.

It will also look better to have a more uniform interior especially if you are going bold with Bordeaux leather and seatbelts. Bronze or silver means too much is going on in your cabin.

Save yourself the £300 odd quid.

EJM22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks E - much appreciated - I have a request with my OPC to see one if one comes in - but in any case, I will probably take the risk and spec that bordeaux-neo combo even if I can't get to see one before I need to spec it.

Many thanks
I would imagine you could always get it wrapped or something too if you don’t like it.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
It does seem to work well with neutral exterior colours (though I still think the neodyme and red strips together on the doors would look better without that small grey/black section separating them at the front of the door handle).

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I was considering the Bordeaux/Neodyme combo as well but after seeing that video, I can't say that it works that well. It's a bit TOO much clashing.

Now if only I can find a video like that showing Chalk interior with Neodyme!

Another annoying quirk - why do they not allow the Neodyme accents with the base Race-Tex interior? :mad:

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
I’ve got a bordeaux / black interior and decided to leave the accents as standard to avoid clashing. I’m glad I did, I think it’s stunning. Can’t give you a picture right now as I’m travelling but I will on my return.
Sponsored