Bored of waiting

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
also......

As much as I enjoy getting a new car as much as anyone, I think it's important to remember that we are grown ups and not kids on Christmas Eve.

After you have had a new car a few weeks it will then just be your 'new normal'.

Someone else mentioned about getting a new hobby or something if the wait is painful (I suggest kitesurfing 😃).

I was always amazed on other car forums, that members would get a new car and immediately start planning their next one (switching PCP contracts every 18 months!).

I think the Buddhist idea along the lines of 'desire leads to disappointment' has a lot going for it.
Totally, though I suppose for some car ownership/driving said car is a hobby. The boy racer grown up if you will and a nice escape from an otherwise robotic life they live, which is for nothing more than their life commitments.

My escape is outdoor activities and my line of work has put me in a fortunate situation where tomorrow I can head straight to Heathrow and work from a beach if I want. Hike a mountain. Go on road trips in exotic places. All between work of course.

That is why I don't care if my Taycan doesn't arrive until autumn next year. It's actually a good thing as I plan on leaving the UK for the whole winter. I just cannot put up with all the negativity in the mass media, the coming winter of discontent, the dreary weather and dark days, and potential civil unrest.

Chilled out island life somewhere hot is where I am heading, then probably South Africa where the third world will resemble the first world (planned power cuts as one thing), only with much better weather and at least for Cape Town, better looking people courtesy of the Dutch and German females that flock there.
Sponsored

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
From order to delivery was 14 months for me. Caveat I've leased mine through company car scheme so apparently takes longer. Wait it out mate. Take up a new hobby to pass the time! Knitting or hitting little balls with golf bats.
I mean if you really can't wait and don't like knitting, just get a second hand Taycan immediately (spec that maintains value really well) then sell it once your new one arrives.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Patience is a virtue.
We all knew what the deal with wait times was when we signed up. Such a first-world problem.
Be thankful you have a roof over your head and aren't destitute due to the rising costs of...everything.
At the end of the day, it's a luxury car, not a necessity.

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
I mean if you really can't wait and don't like knitting, just get a second hand Taycan immediately (spec that maintains value really well) then sell it once your new one arrives.
Nah man! Knitting is rock and roll 🤣

OP
OP

Muu

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah I knew the score with the wait, and I also suspected that I might not last the duration.

| race caterhams for my main car kicks, and also have Alfa 4cheese and 911 GT3 for road stuff.

If we do have a financial winter, and I'm luck enough to weather it ok, then I'd be tempted to scoop up firesale stuff like a 997 GT3 RS. Can always order another Taycan at RRP in the future.

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
The Taycan is a family car for us. Max utilization. I see the Taycan as a family member, who will be looked after as it will look after us.

I find joy in utility. I will to see my daughter grow up in this car and in a few years persuade mommy to let daddy launch control.

To many years of beautiful memories, cheers!

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
and golf. 😆

How about watching cricket?

...... Someone once said that the most exciting thing you get to see at a Cricket test series is a naked lawnmower 🤣
Oh hang on now! Don't Diss cricket man! Its the sport of gods! Love a bit of cricket 😃🤣

OP
OP

Muu

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This thread has nothing to do with boredom and everything to do with financial jitters and economic uncertainty.
Yeah I've mistitled it really. It's more in the long gap between the deposit and it arriving a lot can change.

However similarly I'm thinking a more utilitarian road car for half the money, and weekend car fund gets a bump.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Yeah I've mistitled it really. It's more in the long gap between the deposit and it arriving a lot can change.

However similarly I'm thinking a more utilitarian road car for half the money, and weekend car fund gets a bump.
Go test drive the BMW I4 40 M Sport.

It's basically the Taycan "lite".

It's also less than half the price specced nicely.

8 month wait.

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
It has a regal cyberpunk feel to it.

Go see it in person, then look at the front from an angle.

I actually like it.
the z4 was equally divisive back in the day..

I reckon it's a classic by now.

The new grill is a center piece. I hated it at first, but really grew on me.

There's an m4 competition in our underground garage that I see often. Great looking car.

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
I was going to order my CT4, but my wife talked me out of it because she knew my impatience would come fully into play due to the long lead times. So, I looked and found one available (they are out there) and bought it. Was it exactly what I wanted? No, but it was about 95% correct and I got it immediately and am happy with it. An ok tradeoff in my mind.
Sponsored

Reactions: Muu