OP

Muu

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If interest rates impact your decision on a car, you really can’t afford the car and you’re stretching. The cognitive dissonance you’re feeling is just your gut telling you that.
Possibly. I think it's also a function of never using credit on cars before, and classically I've never liked death by a thousand direct debits, especially if a storm may arrive. Although that could be sorted by just buying it cash as a company asset.

My initial point is that I'm over swooning over pictures of them online and endless configurator musing. Find myself more into the concept of a 997.2 GT3 or maybe swapping my 991.1 GT3 for the .2 in manual.

Either way, sounds like I'm ages off being locked in let alone getting a GTS ST slot with PTS.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Not that long. Deposit in January 2022. Told Q3. Then at lock in, slated to have been delivered at dealer on 24th September, now due mid November. Maybe.
That's why your enthusiasm is still high. Try waiting over a year without even an allocation, you'll find enthusiasm levels dropping.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What were you told when you put the deposit down?

11 months is still a reasonable wait for a car, imo.
Different stories from different dealers. Most optimistic was "allocation in 3-4 months, car in 8-10 months", the most realistic one "no clue when we'll get allocations, could be months, could be years".

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Different stories from different dealers. Most optimistic was "allocation in 3-4 months, car in 8-10 months", the most realistic one "no clue when we'll get allocations, could be months, could be years".
If I’d have been told over a year, I’d not have sold the car I had (a 2019 C63), and probably been pretty happy waiting still. I was told 9 months, so I sold it and waited (with a temporary car - an Up GTI for fun), and am still ok to wait another couple of months. If I was told it could be years I’d not have bothered tbh and would probably have gone for a 911 🤷🏼

tomgron

First Name
Tommi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base 2022
Country flag
Ok I'll admit I'm being impatient for the Taycan, but having already waited 6 months starting to have buyers remorse creep in.

Interest rates on the rise will mean mortgage cost rising.

Not going to do anything right now, but do wonder if when I get the call to lock in the order I'll actually still wait it. Taycan GTS ST
Don't feel remorse - I just got last Friday my Taycan 2022 Base w/performance pack (and some other goodies) and it has been worth waiting for 6 months. First weekend (sat/sun) put some 950km in and enjoyed every meter of the trip. Hope you get yours while there is still some sunshine.

Asimuk85

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Patience is a virtue.
We all knew what the deal with wait times was when we signed up. Such a first-world problem.
Be thankful you have a roof over your head and aren't destitute due to the rising costs of...everything.
At the end of the day, it's a luxury car, not a necessity.
Well said

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Patience is a virtue.
We all knew what the deal with wait times was when we signed up.
Well, perhaps not everyone. I had more than one dealer tell me I should have the car by end of 2021, maybe early 2022 if COVID delays shipping.

Patience is a virtue.
Such a first-world problem.
Be thankful you have a roof over your head and aren't destitute due to the rising costs of...everything.
At the end of the day, it's a luxury car, not a necessity.
Any problem mentioned on a Porsche car forum is a first-world problem. Nobody who has no roof over their head or is destitute will be buying or even continue owning a Porsche (they'd sell it for money to live). You can post a reply like yours on every thread here. Your Taycan battery is dead, first-world problem. Your Taycan burned down, you still have food and shelter, insurance will pay for the damage. You get beat up and robbed at knife point when exiting your Taycan - hey, you are still alive, have a roof over your head, and food to eat. You are in an accident and lose a limb, hey, you could have died, or lost more than one limb, such a first world problem, right?

Do you feel guilty that you have electronics and internet access to be able to post here, while there are people in the world who could get food and shelter for much less than you paid for those luxuries? Perhaps sell your electronics and give up internet access, then volunteer the time you used to spend on the internet to feeding the homeless?

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Well, perhaps not everyone. I had more than one dealer tell me I should have the car by end of 2021, maybe early 2022 if COVID delays shipping.
Due diligence. When I ordered back in '21 I knew exactly what I was getting into, before I stepped into a dealership. It took all of 2 mins on internet forums to get a good idea of what the situation was. As the situation has become more exacerbated, it's even easier to research.

Any problem mentioned on a Porsche car forum is a first-world problem. Nobody who has no roof over their head or is destitute will be buying or even continue owning a Porsche (they'd sell it for money to live). You can post a reply like yours on every thread here. Your Taycan battery is dead, first-world problem. Your Taycan burned down, you still have food and shelter, insurance will pay for the damage. You get beat up and robbed at knife point when exiting your Taycan - hey, you are still alive, have a roof over your head, and food to eat. You are in an accident and lose a limb, hey, you could have died, or lost more than one limb, such a first world problem, right?
Your analogy is so flawed. You're comparing patience to random events out of any one's control.
So no, simply saying "first world problems" on any thread does not make sense. However, if you're waiting for a luxury car with *known* long lead times and complaining about said long lead times, it comes across as very entitled.

Do you feel guilty that you have electronics and internet access to be able to post here, while there are people in the world who could get food and shelter for much less than you paid for those luxuries? Perhaps sell your electronics and give up internet access, then volunteer the time you used to spend on the internet to feeding the homeless?
Seriously? A lot of idiotic assumptions here. You literally know nothing about me. For your information I already do a lot for local charities, food banks and volunteering when I can. Is it because I feel guilty? No, it's because I'm a decent person and I hate to see folks suffering through no fault of their own.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Due diligence. When I ordered back in '21 I knew exactly what I was getting into, before I stepped into a dealership. It took all of 2 mins on internet forums to get a good idea of what the situation was. As the situation has become more exacerbated, it's even easier to research.

Your analogy is so flawed. You're comparing patience to random events out of any one's control.
So no, simply saying "first world problems" on any thread does not make sense. However, if you're waiting for a luxury car with *known* long lead times and complaining about said long lead times, it comes across as very entitled.

Seriously? A lot of idiotic assumptions here. You literally know nothing about me. For your information I already do a lot for local charities, food banks and volunteering when I can. Is it because I feel guilty? No, it's because I'm a decent person and I hate to see folks suffering through no fault of their own.
Perhaps you could find out on the internet that any dealer promising any delivery date was not saying the truth. For one, this forum is internet too, so people posting here warn others. Posting "it's a first-world problem" doesn't add anything meaningful to the discussion. However, not everyone was on this forum to find out, I for example only joined after putting a deposit down for a Taycan. By your logic, anyone scammed by any scam which can be uncovered by searching the internet does not deserve any sympathy- they should be happy they are not homeless. Heck, even the Porsche SA's don't know information easily available on this forum, and they sell Taycans for a living!

Personally, I am not expecting anything special from people, just sharing my experience which hopefully can help someone who finds it on the internet. Again, you posting how that is irrelevant because it's a first-world problem adds nothing but potentially dilutes the information for anyone searching (as probably does this particular off-topic exchange, so I will stop now ;)).

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I just think the point is that anyone waiting on a £120,000+ car and who already has (probably multiple), other cars, is experiencing a 'first world problem'.

I'm 100% with them on this. It doesn't mean it's not personally frustrating, but given the facts:
  • Germany are currently looking at rationing gas due to the gas pipeline being closed down
  • There is still a war on in Ukraine (with Russia), with well documented impacts on all supply chains
  • We're still slowly coming out of a Worldwide Pandemic
  • There has been a computer chip (and PCB) shortage for multiple years
  • Many economies are heading into recession

No-one should be surprised that it's taking longer than expected to deliver an incredibly complex piece of machinery, built in Germany, Europe and based on JIT manufacturing processes using components from across the world.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Perhaps you could find out on the internet that any dealer promising any delivery date was not saying the truth. For one, this forum is internet too, so people posting here warn others. Posting "it's a first-world problem" doesn't add anything meaningful to the discussion. However, not everyone was on this forum to find out, I for example only joined after putting a deposit down for a Taycan. By your logic, anyone scammed by any scam which can be uncovered by searching the internet does not deserve any sympathy- they should be happy they are not homeless. Heck, even the Porsche SA's don't know information easily available on this forum, and they sell Taycans for a living!

Personally, I am not expecting anything special from people, just sharing my experience which hopefully can help someone who finds it on the internet. Again, you posting how that is irrelevant because it's a first-world problem adds nothing but potentially dilutes the information for anyone searching (as probably does this particular off-topic exchange, so I will stop now ;)).
Porsche Taycan Bored of waiting pB43k
Sponsored