Bose System Aftermarket Upgrades

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am hoping that you guys in the US have made a start on this having had the car for longer than the UK.

Has anyone started to look at what can be done to improve the sound quality of the stereo? It isn't that it is bad, I would just like to make it better (not louder).
Sponsored

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am hoping that you guys in the US have made a start on this having had the car for longer than the UK.

Has anyone started to look at what can be done to improve the sound quality of the stereo? It isn't that it is bad, I would just like to make it better (not louder).
Is there a particular aspect you find lacking? I’ve found that the quality heavily depends on the input source. Moving between a strong FM signal and SiriusXM in my car has major audio quality differences. I’ve found the sound system a massive upgrade from the Bose system in my 997.2, so I’m not the best judge of quality as I’d often just turn the music down to listen to the engine :rock:

OP
OP
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It’s more the accuracy of the sound, I find the bass a little boomy too.
I used to have a JL Audio clean sweep and it was amazing. The new ones look good too.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
"no highs and no lows it must be Bose"…

I'm finding the sound system pretty good for an automobile but maybe I'm missing something.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Is there a particular aspect you find lacking? I’ve found that the quality heavily depends on the input source. Moving between a strong FM signal and SiriusXM in my car has major audio quality differences. I’ve found the sound system a massive upgrade from the Bose system in my 997.2, so I’m not the best judge of quality as I’d often just turn the music down to listen to the engine :rock:
Which is better: the strong FM signal or the SiriusXM?

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
For me it would already be interesting if the Bose system could be retrofitted, i.e. over the baseline sound system.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Which is better: the strong FM signal or the SiriusXM?
Strong FM, by far. SiriusXM is still highly compressed and the system does a pretty good job of it, but a good FM signal sounds terrific. Music through CarPlay, again depending on the source file, sounds great as well.