Bose system on the Taycan, is it a good system?

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
I'm curious. How's the Bose surround sound system? I just sold my Mercedes GTS AMG and the sound system sucked! My Honda CRV performed better. I do hope that the Porsche, Taycan has a better system and performs much better than the Mercedes.

If those of you had to rate the Bose system from 1-10 ten being the best? What score would you give it?

Thanks for all of your feedback, it has helped greatly to make my decision. Appreciate it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
The Bose system in my Taycan sounds very good. Based on my own experience and on comments from several forum members, Bose's Taycan implementation is one of its very best and markedly better than what Bose was able to achieve in most other car models.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It's absolutely good but, like any other sound system, even Burmester, there are always some flaws.
Those flaws can be personal and/or technical.
Personally, I think the mid is a bit weak while high and low are fine.
Overall it sounds good.
Besides, a high end sound system in a car, even an EV, is ridiculous anyway but that's, again, personal. ???

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
First, as a recommendation, do a search on this forum and you'll find plenty of threads about this very topic.

Second, and directly, the Bose is average. It's a much better value than the Burmester and absolutely required over stock. But it's pretty weak compared to competing mid premium upgrades in other cars. I rate it a 6 out of 10.

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Definitely not as good as the Burmeister in my Taycan, when I played Music through Tidal on the Burmeister the sound was pretty top notch, not perfect but definitely the best stock car stereo system I’ve owned. Funny thing is, in the Taycan if I play through tidal, it sounds very flat! But with Spotify or Apple Music, I think the Bose is very decent! Again, can’t compare it to the Burmeister, but still pretty good in my opinion. I am by no means an audiophile, but I do love my music and do listen to it relatively loud.
If you can afford the Burmeister it’s a no brainer if not the Bose will do the job

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am interested by this too but like in the case of domestic HiFi (my home system is more expensive than a Taycan) I think the only way to tell if it is worth the money to you, you have to audition it for yourself.

I am still conflicted on this. I have been a music lover all my life but have actually never heard an in car system which is what I would call good, at any price.

Part of the problem is the small volume of a car interior, part is being too close to the speaker drivers for them to integrate properly and part is the high level of background noise.

It also depends a bit on the sort of music you like and whether you are listening to it as a pleasant background to kill time or to seriously enjoy the music.

In most cars I have owned I am disappointed by the sound and usually eventually switch it off or switch to a voice radio station so whilst I can afford the Burmester system and almost feel obliged to choose it, as a music lover, I am actually seriously considering just the standard system (on my CT4S order) when I have to freeze it.

I probably should choose the Bose as a middle ground and I have listened to it, but not the Burmester, and it isn't awful.

Todd Rose

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am surprisingly satisfied with the Bose implementation in the Taycan. As others have said, the base version is terrible. I had it in my Cayenne and it was the worse sound system I’ve ever had.

I was able to test the Burmester prior to going with Bose. It’s definitely better. But for me it was *that* much better given the cost. Bose is great with low and high. Not so much with the mids. But I use Apple CarPlay and it’s actually a pretty nice experience for the money. If cost is not an issue then that’s one thing; if you are looking for the best bang for the buck, I think you will be happy with the Bose.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I went and listened to/compared Bose vs standard. Bose is sufficiently better to my mind that I am going with that. I have never heard the Burmeister system but wouldnt spend that much on a car stereo, so it is irrelevant. I thought the standard system was surprisingly poor for a car at this value.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
So it is. Still too expensive though!
Not on a €100K+ car...
But I don't think a high-end system is worth it cuz of the noise pollution from tires, traffic and wind.
It is a very good system though.
I've choosen the Bose.

Last edited:

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Not on a €100K+ car...
But I don't think a high-end system is worth it cuz of the noise pollution from tires, traffic and wind.
It is a very good system though.
I've choosen the Bose.
Well you obviously did think it too expensive since you got the Bose
Sponsored