ponomo

First Name
janalyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking to purchase mamba Taycan
Country flag
I loved the wheels on my last Porsche (911, see avatar), but the struggle with brake dust was extreme.

I'm looking at Mission E style wheels, in either satin platinum or body color (mamba green). How bad is the brake dust? I seen posts saying it's not too bad, but could anyone post a picture to show what I'll be dealing with after a day of driving?

My config:

Porsche Taycan Brake Dust? Screenshot_1
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I loved the wheels on my last Porsche (911, see avatar), but the struggle with brake dust was extreme.

I'm looking at Mission E style wheels, in either satin platinum or body color (mamba green). How bad is the brake dust? I seen posts saying it's not too bad, but could anyone post a picture to show what I'll be dealing with after a day of driving?

My config:

Screenshot_1.jpg
Pretty much nothing. A very thin layer of dust hardly noticeable- and that’s for the steel setup. Looking at your image it seems you have elected carbon ceramics, in which case even less…

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
1. Those wheels look easy to clean.
2. EV's make little brake dust as you're generally not using the friction brakes unless pushing on.
3. PCCB's make almost no brake dust.

2+3 above = next to zero brake dust. (2+3) * 1 = you'll probably never need to buy a wheel brush again.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
PSCB also make virtually zero dust. Great option + good looking white calipers.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
1. Those wheels look easy to clean.
2. EV's make little brake dust as you're generally not using the friction brakes unless pushing on.
3. PCCB's make almost no brake dust.

2+3 above = next to zero brake dust. (2+3) * 1 = you'll probably never need to buy a wheel brush again.
Like the OP's mamba-green image, I've got silver-rimmed Mission Es (except with black-spokes) and PCCBs on my Turbo, and after 6 months with a few cases of hard braking and fortnightly gentle detailing the car and wheels (not with a spray-washer, but with soft microfiber and my loving hands):

1. Yes easy-to-clean, except that, since the barrels are very visible, to get them completely clean-looking, you have to first clean the exposed 3/4ths of the barrel, drive a couple feet to expose the section that was behind the caliper, and then clean a little more.
2. The mechanical brakes are applied the first few braking cycles each "day" (and more than that during the initial break-in the first few hundred miles). Other than that, it's only during very hard braking that the mechanical brakes are applied.
3. With the PCCBs I've had zero brake dust, and members with PSCBs have said the same. Either way, you'll have a thousand times more road/tire dust than brake dust. The PCCBs are admittedly for looks only, but the calipers and rotors really are like works of art. The closest thing to a regret with them for me is that you can't use 20" or (see where I was corrected on the 20" below) 19" with these PCCBs (they won't clear the brakes' diameter). But, I'm still delighted with them.

Last edited:

OP
OP
ponomo

ponomo

First Name
janalyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Like the OP's mamba-green image, I've got Mission Es and PCCBs on my Turbo, and after 6 months with a few cases of hard braking and fortnightly gentle hand detailing the car and wheels (not with a spray-washer, but with soft microfiber and my loving hands):
Thanks for the detailed info, would love to see a photo of your build!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The closest thing to a regret with them for me is that you can't use 20" or 19" with these PCCBs (they won't clear the brakes' diameter).
I believe you can use 20" with PCCB's and PSCB's and in-fact NF0 winter tyres only come in 20" for Taycan - thereby requiring you to get 20" wheels with these brake systems if you want to use them and stay in spec.

You are correct that 19" wheels will not fit.

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Taycan has the 21” Mission E wheels silver/black - and the PSCB brakes. No brakedust at all. But the paint is being “sandblasted” on the surfaces of the spokes which are facing foreward in the rotational direction. Se photos of both sides of the spokes. Not sure what to do?

Porsche Taycan Brake Dust? 1206DC65-A6D0-4AEB-8FDD-E1911E85A0B9

Porsche Taycan Brake Dust? EEB021C8-E4F0-433A-8360-0C1AE1BAE616

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
Two weeks and probably 500 miles of driving on the steel brakes. Cant even see the dust on my finger after wiping it, its more road grime than brake dust.

Probably 90% less dust than what you are used to in an ICE Porsche.

Porsche Taycan Brake Dust? 8D84726B-5A9F-4C69-A8F3-9833C0B1B134

OP
OP
ponomo

ponomo

First Name
janalyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Two weeks and probably 500 miles of driving on the steel brakes. Cant even see the dust on my finger after wiping it, its more road grime than brake dust.

Probably 90% less dust than what you are used to in an ICE Porsche.

8D84726B-5A9F-4C69-A8F3-9833C0B1B134.jpeg
Thanks for taking the time!

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah, I'd say even less than 10% of the brakes dust my Macan or Panamera had and I drive aggressively. Very very very little. Standard 4S brakes.
Sponsored