Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
When coming of the break pedal, during normal driving, I sometimes hear a dull clunking sound as if the pedal has hit on something else metal when it goes back up.

It’s subtle, but since the car is so quiet, I have made it out a few times over the last few days.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or is this another call to the dealer? ?
Sponsored

Edax Rerum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
When coming of the break pedal, during normal driving, I sometimes hear a dull clunking sound as if the pedal has hit on something else metal when it goes back up.

It’s subtle, but since the car is so quiet, I have made it out a few times over the last few days.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or is this another call to the dealer? ?
Yes, I hear that in mine sometimes, too. It annoys me when I hear it, but I don't hear it every time and I haven't really considered it worth a trip to the dealer.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
Erez123

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here are two posts describing an unexpected noise that turned out to be spoiler retraction below a certain speed.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/loud-thump-when-releasing-brakes.1306/post-15684
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...e-quirks-and-all-nick-murray.1224/#post-16076

After entering the parked car and moving slowly, the exterior door handles retract with a noise that sounds like you hit something with the car: 11:50 point of this video
Thanks for this.

It’s definitely not the sound of the door handles, because it’s not just happening at the commencement of each drive. And it does seem to have a direct correlation to letting go of the brake pedal.

On the other hand, I can’t discount that it may be the spoiler retracting....as I usually do break from a healthy speed. I don’t think it’s the case, but will definitely experiment with this theory tomorrow.

Thanks for bringing the other thread to my attention.

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Me, too! I suspect it has something to do with the blended breaking, but would not consider this a problem!
my “Sound” has been present from new - and just now - after 657 km of driving - the generative braking has startet to work.. so dont Think the blended braking is the case...

however - i Will take notes the next day’s to see if it’s gone now - when gen.brake is active

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Me, too! I suspect it has something to do with the blended breaking, but would not consider this a problem!
It seems that the noise is gone when gen-braking is active - did a drive today, and didnt notice any noise as before the gen-brake was active

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have had the same problem. Started occuring some days after delivery. It now makes this sound on every braking operation where the pedal engages the discs (even if just slightly). Car is going to the dealer tommorow for diagnostics.

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I have had the same problem. Started occuring some days after delivery. It now makes this sound on every braking operation where the pedal engages the discs (even if just slightly). Car is going to the dealer tommorow for diagnostics.
How many km did you drive already? Has the regen braking begun?

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
How many km did you drive already? Has the regen braking begun?
1200 km
I dont belive it has. But unsure, i can brake the car slightly without it occurring. Did mention this to the dealer, but they said there shouldent be a sound eitherway.

That might change tommorow..

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
1200 km
I dont belive it has. But unsure, i can brake the car slightly without it occurring. Did mention this to the dealer, but they said there shouldent be a sound eitherway.

If the regen is on when applying brake, the green bar on the power meter will be visible - the harder you brake, the more you regen..

I would guess with 1200km driven, your brakes are bedded in, and regen should be active. Mine was active after 650 km..

OP
OP
Erez123

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1200 km

Same situation with mine. Please keep us updated with how it goes.
Only done a couple of hundred miles in mine. Don’t think regen braking has kicked in.

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
If the regen is on when applying brake, the green bar on the power meter will be visible - the harder you brake, the more you regen..

I would guess with 1200km driven, your brakes are bedded in, and regen should be active. Mine was active after 650 km..
Applying the brakes give a milimeter of regen max on the power meter.

So no regen then i would assume.

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Applying the brakes give a milimeter of regen max on the power meter.

So no regen then i would assume.
you would be correct - when I brake moderately, I easily get 2-3 cm of “green”, and if I brake hard, I get as much green bar, as I get blue bar on other side when flooring it...
Sponsored