JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
you would be correct - when I brake moderately, I easily get 2-3 cm of “green”, and if I brake hard, I get as much green bar, as I get blue bar on other side when flooring it...
1000 km of my use so far has been one long trip. The clever car probably wants me to brake more first.
@MrJohnDolk , if you press it hard enough so the brakes activate, do you get a sound when releasing the pedal?

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Applying the brakes give a milimeter of regen max on the power meter.

So no regen then i would assume.
After 1200 km the regen function should be activated already, I guess. I heard that it is either after 500 miles or 500 km. Worth checking with your dealer?

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
1000 km of my use so far has been one long trip. The clever car probably wants me to brake more first.
@MrJohnDolk , if you press it hard enough so the brakes activate, do you get a sound when releasing the pedal?
no, I don’t get the clunk sound anymore since the regen braking started working - also not when braking hard and the discs are helping..

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Just got the car back. I got this via the service desk and not the tech. So its node to node, info might have been lost along the way.

Tech added a missing nut in regards to a plastic cover. It was not clear if the nut had gone missing in my use, or from the factory.

Sound is gone! Like night and day. And i still dont have regen breaking. I have to break more first.

OP
OP
Erez123

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
Just got the car back. I got this via the service desk and not the tech. So its node to node, info might have been lost along the way.

Tech added a missing nut in regards to a plastic cover. It was not clear if the nut had gone missing in my use, or from the factory.

Sound is gone! Like night and day. And i still dont have regen breaking. I have to break more first.
Well, looks like this is an immediate phone call to my dealer then.
It was driving me nuts before (no pun intended), but now that I know it can be fixed, it’s going to really stress me out.
Thank you!

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
Picked up my car yesterday and I noticed the slight clunk when I lift off my foot off of the brake pedal. It does sound like something is loose down by the pedal.

OP
OP
Erez123

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
Picked up my car yesterday and I noticed the slight clunk when I lift off my foot off of the brake pedal. It does sound like something is loose down by the pedal.
Unfortunately unable to get my car in to be checked till February (that’s the earliest appointment time I was told). But will keep you updated.

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
Unfortunately unable to get my car in to be checked till February (that’s the earliest appointment time I was told). But will keep you updated.
Thanks, appreciate that.

I must admit I hardly noticed it today. If it persists I think I’ll get it booked in anyway.

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
Breaks must have bedding in now as the regen has started working. Since this happened I no longer hear the clunk when I lift off the break pedal.

ac4s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m also hearing this on my new 4S - only have about 500 miles on it so far, hopefully it also goes away once regen kicks in!

Signature Wheel