Brake Pedal to Auto Hold - Donkey sound?

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Are any of you guys/gals getting the occasional donkey squeal when engaging auto-hold at a red light?

I get it maybe 10-20% of the time. Doesn't bug me yet but was wondering if there are any safety issues or mechanical problems leading to the squeak.
Sponsored

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
We're getting a sound when decelerating, at low speed, as the brake pedal is being feathered to achieve a smooth stop. This sound presented about a week after we got the car, and has gotten more pronounced, with longer duration...from being barely noticeable, to very noticeable. I'll record and post it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Are any of you guys/gals getting the occasional donkey squeal when engaging auto-hold at a red light?

I get it maybe 10-20% of the time. Doesn't bug me yet but was wondering if there are any safety issues or mechanical problems leading to the squeak.
No donkeys here.

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
I get something similar when hard pressing the brake to engage 'HOLD', although mine is more of a 'fart' than a donkey :oops:... happens more rarely than yours though (maybe only about half a dozen times in total in the couple of months I've had the car). It's a very realistic trump noise though and pretty embarrassing when I have to explain to a passenger that it's the car that made the sound and not me... I can sense their disbelief!

Sounds to me like it could be a couple of pieces of leather on the seats rubbing together so I'm waiting to see if it disappears as it wears in a bit.

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I get something similar when hard pressing the brake to engage 'HOLD', although mine is more of a 'fart' than a donkey :oops:... happens more rarely than yours though (maybe only about half a dozen times in total in the couple of months I've had the car). It's a very realistic trump noise though and pretty embarrassing when I have to explain to a passenger that it's the car that made the sound and not me... I can sense their disbelief!

Sounds to me like it could be a couple of pieces of leather on the seats rubbing together so I'm waiting to see if it disappears as it wears in a bit.
Yep.. mine sounds like a fart too. And a donkey squeal.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Why hard press when a squeeze will do (to engage hold that is)?

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Winge, the voice of reason on this forum as always!

Because sometimes you just want to press harder.

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Hmmmm... I'm happy to go along with calling it a squeeze, probably a better description than 'hard press'.

It still farts though. 🙈

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Hmmmm... I'm happy to go along with calling it a squeeze, probably a better description than 'hard press'.

It still farts though. 🙈
Perhaps the hard press is accompanied by a butt clench and related fart due to leather pinched :)?

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Yes, I get this sometimes but like @Yorkshirepuds it more of a fart noise than a donkey. It happens when the car is 'cold' and the regen braking hasn't kicked in. Once the regen braking starts it stops
Sponsored