Lordjonny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Ducati Hypermotard KTM LC4 Supermoto
Country flag
So i had a really scary experience the other day when i accelerated hard to pass a car on a country road then tried to brake to pull back in and just sailed along in the other lane unable to slow down.
Once my brain registered what was happening i lifted then braked again and the brakes worked perfectly.
The cars been in and after initial report of brake system fine I pushed re the electronic side of things.
They said that there’s a major software update which will sort everything which has now been done and all seems well.
The thing is that I now realise that the few previous times where similar had happened, where i put it down me asking too much of the brakes were actually failures in the electronics.
Absolutely love the car and have faith that Porsche will have sorted the issues (Fingers X) but just want to put it out there to others
Sponsored

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
So i had a really scary experience the other day when i accelerated hard to pass a car on a country road then tried to brake to pull back in and just sailed along in the other lane unable to slow down.
Once my brain registered what was happening i lifted then braked again and the brakes worked perfectly.
The cars been in and after initial report of brake system fine I pushed re the electronic side of things.
They said that there’s a major software update which will sort everything which has now been done and all seems well.
The thing is that I now realise that the few previous times where similar had happened, where i put it down me asking too much of the brakes were actually failures in the electronics.
Absolutely love the car and have faith that Porsche will have sorted the issues (Fingers X) but just want to put it out there to others
Yikes! What model year is your Taycan? Was there a service campaign code mentioned on your service invoice?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yikes! What model year is your Taycan? Was there a service campaign code mentioned on your service invoice?
It's captured in the latest uPdate (PCM coloured icons etc).

Not experienced this issue either and odd that motor braking didn't occur at the very least.

OP
OP
Lordjonny

Lordjonny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Ducati Hypermotard KTM LC4 Supermoto
Country flag
[Q
It's captured in the latest uPdate (PCM coloured icons etc).

Not experienced this issue either and odd that motor braking didn't occur at the very least.
Yeah it’s almost like it got confused and gave me neither.
It’s obviously happened to more than me hence the softwear fix and incredible that no ones crashed due to it.
Sponsored