Brand new 4S consistently only getting 210 miles a charge?

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Couple of thoughts - its all an internal algorithm guessing what that number displayed in the battery percentage should be.

What does your kW/mile average show in the app for last trip, last charge, and over time? To back into the math of last charge you could reset your odometer after a full charge and then run it to 50% and see how many miles you actually get vs the number of kW you put back in to fill it up.

The system is just a guess...and the numbers are rarely accurate.

I have a Turbo that gets about 220 on a charge based on my driving...for me, the history had to be cleared and repopulated with my driving style (about 1,000 miles) before it was doing a good job showing accurate consumption.
Sponsored

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
My brand new 4S is only getting 210 miles a charge. I got the bigger battery and I have it at 100%. Any thoughts what I should be doing?
I find it is easier to simply use the battery percentage as an indicator of when to charge. Even when the guess-o-meter is very accurate, it is still just an estimate. I have also noticed the Taycan is very pessimistic regarding remaining range and battery percentage. Our Model S is the opposite, generally quite optimistic regarding remaining range and state of charge. though they disappear quickly.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have 4K on my 4S and I’m getting 210 as well. But that’s driving like a maniac and temps generally in the 50-60 degrees F range.

QueenBean

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Polestar 2, Rubicon 4xe, F-Pace
Country flag
Couple of thoughts - its all an internal algorithm guessing what that number displayed in the battery percentage should be.

What does your kW/mile average show in the app for last trip, last charge, and over time? To back into the math of last charge you could reset your odometer after a full charge and then run it to 50% and see how many miles you actually get vs the number of kW you put back in to fill it up.

The system is just a guess...and the numbers are rarely accurate.

I have a Turbo that gets about 220 on a charge based on my driving...for me, the history had to be cleared and repopulated with my driving style (about 1,000 miles) before it was doing a good job showing accurate consumption.
"kW" measures power as in 400kW=536.41hp or 270kW (charge rate). kWh measures energy as in kWh/mile or Wh/mile. When you charge you are putting kWh back into the pack at a given rate (kW).

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 4S with performance battery has just over a 1000 miles on it. Probably 75% highway driving in the 75-95 mph range.
I'm getting around 240 miles for a full 100% charge....it estimates about 260 miles, but I under achieve consistently.
I'm super happy with that range given my daily mileage rarely exceeds 100 miles.

Oh and I've done about "20 launch controls" by now - I have zero self-control

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
what tires are you running? Im about to go from 21 AS to 19 summer and will report back what my range difference is. In theory tires should make a BIG difference as its the only thing touching the ground and you cant ask for range if you are touching the ground with 305's in the back (physics).. if you want more range run bicycle tires (hint - a lot of the competition gets their range through that - my theory)

phil.

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
I have 4.5k on mine now, and the range has been slowly improving each charge. Initially 215 then a good spell at 225 and since 4000 miles it's been getting 245 miles at 100%soc... 👍🏽

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Lots of short trips will violate your "100%" range. Resetting the total before a roadtrip seems to help "rebalance" the value to better reflect your current range. My avatar shows what I got after about 700km into a nice roadtrip from Bergen -> Oslo.

That trip we got about 530km of range when we first drove out to Oslo from 100%, and that's up and down a billion mountains.

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
My brand new 4S is only getting 210 miles a charge. I got the bigger battery and I have it at 100%. Any thoughts what I should be doing?
May be totally normal for new Taycans to have shorter range at first. From the manual:

The vehicle has a braking recuperation system that feeds most of the braking energy back into the high-voltage battery. In order to bed in the wheel brake, the recuperation system is deactivated briefly on new vehicles or after changing the brake pads and this reduces the range.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
drive the car a bit and the guess o meter will adjust, depending on speed and climate you should be able to get at least 240 miles range.
see my post i get 284 miles at 100% SOC

Ktof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
just over 200miles (or 300kms) is the reality. I have it too (25k kms so far). Yes, I drive it like a Porsche - why would you buy one otherwise?
However, impact should not be that big, since 80% of the time, it's just cruising at 120kms/h = 75mph range-modus on the highway, full of repressive jealousy traject-controls ;)

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
I started to average 230 after 2500+ miles. I should also point out that it was also after I went in for a recall and software update. they had the thing for like 3 weeks. still to this day i wonder if they swapped the battery pack on me.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Be careful to consider temp differences when assuming improvement. My 4S improved after a few months. Because the weather warmed up. Went right back down when it cooled off.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
my guess o meter reports around 220 miles @ 100% soc, however after driving around it will show 120+ at 50% SOC.
the moral is to know your car, your driving style and factor in climatic and road conditions to try to get a handle on what the range is that you'll get.
any one claiming that they 280 miles in a 4s is hard to believe, on my best days 260 miles is the most I would ever get.
Sponsored