Brand New Taycan... but can't connect to PCM, Anybody else had this?

First Name
Xenophon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (MY21)
Country flag
I took delivery of my new Taycan 4S 12 days ago and have been unable to login to the PCM, so cannot save anything and am stuck on guest user!
The Porsche centre have been unable to help so far and have logged it with Germany, has anybody else had this problem with a brand new car and any ideas how to resolve it?
This is very frustrating as this is my first Porsche and I love driving it, but I just wish I could get the whole experience now.
Had the same issues on my Turbo. Took delivery last Friday. My account details were passed to the OPC and they set it up. Privacy mode was disabled but still couldn't Connect. I took it back today for them to investigate. They fixed it just by logging out of my account in the car and logging back in. It works fine now!
Sponsored

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
For Connect to work, you have to get the vehicle linked with your Porsche ID. The dealer should send you a link to achieve this. You have to complete the process before you take delivery. You will need to assign a pin code if you wish to login each time.

On your handover, you must get the car logged in to the primary account and the privacy function deactivated. You must download the app and logged in to it before you arrive. It is a good idea to test that it is connecting before leaving the dealer.

If you have managed to connect to your car and then lose connection, there are several things to consider:-
1. Your car must have a good data signal. There is a signal strength graph under Integrated Data Connections in Settings.
2. The car must be logged in and the privacy function deactivated.
3. When I have lost connection, I have found that starting the car up actually fixes it, especially if the car hasn't been used for a day or two. This car goes into a deep sleep thus avoiding the dreaded Tesla Vampire drain. This is one of the downsides of not wasting energy.

OP
OP
SusieShoes

SusieShoes

First Name
Susie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
For Connect to work, you have to get the vehicle linked with your Porsche ID. The dealer should send you a link to achieve this. You have to complete the process before you take delivery. You will need to assign a pin code if you wish to login each time.

On your handover, you must get the car logged in to the primary account and the privacy function deactivated. You must download the app and logged in to it before you arrive. It is a good idea to test that it is connecting before leaving the dealer.

If you have managed to connect to your car and then lose connection, there are several things to consider:-
1. Your car must have a good data signal. There is a signal strength graph under Integrated Data Connections in Settings.
2. The car must be logged in and the privacy function deactivated.
3. When I have lost connection, I have found that starting the car up actually fixes it, especially if the car hasn't been used for a day or two. This car goes into a deep sleep thus avoiding the dreaded Tesla Vampire drain. This is one of the downsides of not wasting energy.
ThankS for your advice, I did activate the link and got the app up and running prior to collecting the Taycan.
But on handover the dealer couldn’t get it to connect, he said it was a poor connection and to try again at home later as I was keen to drive the rocket ? So it actually has never connected in the last 2 weeks despite trying numerous times.
It has now been escalated to Porsche Germany, so let’s hope they have the solution.
I am worried the tracker is not actually working as I have no way to view.
And I also want to use the presets and other actions on my phone that I am unable to do ?

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had my 4S 6 weeks and two weeks ago the PCM locked my profile out and will only allow me to use the guest profile. App is stuck on a date two days before car system started acting up.
Porsche Technical on the case???

OP
OP
SusieShoes

SusieShoes

First Name
Susie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Had my 4S 6 weeks and two weeks ago the PCM locked my profile out and will only allow me to use the guest profile. App is stuck on a date two days before car system started acting up.
Porsche Technical on the case???
Good luck with it, they are a bit slow!
Finally got mine up and running but still have a few issues

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good luck with it, they are a bit slow!
Finally got mine up and running but still have a few issues
Yes, I’ve heard they are slow at resolving these issues and it appears the dealers don’t have many technical “experts” with the required knowledge.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes, I’ve heard they are slow at resolving these issues and it appears the dealers don’t have many technical “experts” with the required knowledge.
Outside of issues preventing the car from communicating with Porsche servers (e.g. stuck OTA Control Module), the problems with Connect seem to be with Porsche - outside of your dealer's ability to rectify. However the dealers have contacts and can pull strings the rest of us cannot, plus if enough dealers complain about time (and therefore money) spent on these problems, Porsche will be more likely to fix it. Be nice to your dealer and insist they keep the pressure on their Porsche contacts.
Sponsored