brand new Taycan Turbo - creases on seat bolster ok?

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hope you get that taken care of. Pretty careless to let something that big slide from QC.
Sponsored

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have exactly the same crease on the drivers seat.

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
From new? Did you complain?
From new, saw it on day one. Didn't really click at the time. Plus it was a home delivery and the rep had left by the time I noticed. Wasn't gonna send the car back for that anyways.

It's even more annoying because I also paid almost £2k more for the Olea leather.

Porsche Taycan brand new Taycan Turbo - creases on seat bolster ok? IMG_20201224_133722

Last edited:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
From new, saw it on day one. Didn't really click at the time. Plus it was a home delivery and the rep had left by the time I noticed. Wasn't gonna send the car back for that anyways.

It's even more annoying because I also paid almost £2k more for the OLEV leather.

IMG_20201224_133722.jpg
That is absolutely not right and needs to be fixed. I see some very slight creases on my passenger side outer bolster and it has only been used a few times. I think this 'outer bolster' creasing is a significant problem for the car and needs to be fixed! At 2100 miles, my drivers side outer bolster is ok, but again, I can see very slight creasing. If this gets worse over time, it is a major problem. I had an M5 and a Panamera GTS both for over 100K miles and neither had any visible wear on the leather/alcantara.

I have the Olea leather, and am wondering if this problem is particular to the Olea, or is seen on the standard leather as well?

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Ugh that rough! Here is my leather on delivery. Lucky the Gift bag is small and not placed on the bolster

Porsche Taycan brand new Taycan Turbo - creases on seat bolster ok? 01E1E62F-2824-4BEF-83DE-BD22F1750D20

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK, maybe I'm over reacting - I looked again and as long as this doesn't get any worse, I'm ok. Just seems like it should be perfect in a new car...

Porsche Taycan brand new Taycan Turbo - creases on seat bolster ok? IMG_0266

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
OK, maybe I'm over reacting - I looked again and as long as this doesn't get any worse, I'm ok. Just seems like it should be perfect in a new car...

IMG_0266.jpeg
We have it on our brand new Cayenne GTS with 18 way. That might be part of the issue. Which seat option do you have?

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Vim’s looks like something you can easily live with. Bootsie’s and Neptune’s, not, IMO. Especially Bootsie’s. It’s clear something sat on that for a long time. My Taycan’s bolsters don’t look like that. I’ve never had a car that did. If you don’t mind risking some unpleasantness, I would push hard to get it fixed or replaced. Come on! This is a very expensive car!

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Care to share the brand of conditioner you used?

OP
OP
bootsie

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
A hot towel is the usual trick for loose-fitting leather. Wet a towel, microwave until really really hot then leave on the leather.
It’s not going to help my creases, with it definitely helps with loose fitting covers.
Might be worth a go @Neptune, nothing to lose.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have reported to the dealer and their reply is:

Will post back here with updates.
Thanks for the opinions everyone, it's always hard to know if I'm just being petty about stuff.
They do crease but not until someone has sat in it a few times and definitely not like that, if the sales guy doesn’t rectify to as new with no creases I would escalate to dealer principal. Which dealership is this ?
Sponsored