brand new Taycan Turbo - creases on seat bolster ok?

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
I have the same issue but on the passenger seat. However, mine does not appear to be as pronounced as yours. I find it interesting we have the same colour combination white external and red seats - could it be specific to the red leather ?

I have it booked into the dealer on 8th Feb to look at this and a few other issues. Will see if I get the same line as you.

Porsche Taycan brand new Taycan Turbo - creases on seat bolster ok? IMG_2555

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have the same issue but on the passenger seat. However, mine does not appear to be as pronounced as yours. I find it interesting we have the same colour combination white external and red seats - could it be specific to the red leather ?

I have it booked into the dealer on 8th Feb to look at this and a few other issues. Will see if I get the same line as you.

IMG_2555.jpg
I have this on black, so it’s not colour specific, but probably just more noticeable on red. I get the feeling that those bolsters get so much wear when you get into and out of the car, creases are inevitable eventually - however, as I’ve said before, it’s a bit off if delivered in that state

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
After my success with getting a replacement rear camera I thought my luck might be in - but no, the warranty claim has been rejected by Porsche. Apparently that's normal and expected for leather which is a natural product.
Considering my options now, I think my wife fancies taking the fight to Porsche GB!
That is so bogus that they're claiming this is normal. So they're saying the creases were already in the leather when they made the seat? It is so clearly the result of something heavy resting on the seat after it was made, which is totally preventable, and thus their responsibility to replace. No way that it happened any other way, and then the result was identical to how you'd get creases from something heavy. Why don't you challenge your dealer to find any car on the lot with creases anywhere else but the seat bolsters?

911mantas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Hello bootsie! Did you solved somehow this problem with the dealer?

OP
OP
bootsie

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Hello bootsie! Did you solved somehow this problem with the dealer?
No.
My sales guy just ignored me. I told the post-sales rep (who was handing other warranty issues) and he took it more seriously and forwarded the complaint to Porsche UK, who wouldn't approve the claim because they said it was a natural crease.
I should have chased from there but to be honest lost the will to live with it a little.
In the following months the passenger side bolster has begun showing similar creasing, though still not as bad. I think given long enough it's just the way the leather will go.
My annoyance was really with the brush off I was given by our sales rep. I think this is more an indication of the dealership than Porsche in particular, I'd already decided they were hopefull and I've never buy another car from them again anyway.

911mantas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for the reply.

The seat bolster of my car looked about the same on the delivery day. I think is not acceptable for such kind of money... My dealer guys are very kind and I have good relationships with them, so they filled claim and I hope it will be solved somehow...

Last edited:

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I saw such creases on the demo cars. wondering if this is more common in Olea or the 18 way.
Sponsored