DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Well...shoot. Looks like I've joined the broken air conditioner club.

I noticed today it seemed a little warm, cranked it to Max A/C and...nothing but ambient air temp.

It's going in Tuesday for the software update so I guess I have two issues to fix now.

EDIT: Well after parking for a while now it's working fine? Maybe I just need more coolant.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Took the car in today and...A/C working fine, pressure is correct and air is cold as expected.

The tech told me that at low states of charge, the car will cut off the compressor to save battery so...maybe this is what happened? I'll have to pay closer attention going forward.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
It's software.
These things happen.
In two years I've seen this happen to my navigation, my night view assist and now charging doors not opening.
Just once or twice but still...
Also because it's software it can reset itself and probably wont come back.
If it's persistent then it's time to post on a forum.
Otherwise it's just a glitch and not worth mentioning.
Still, there are a few occasions where the ac system is defective (like compressor failure) so I can understand your concern.
Good to see it has cured itself.

OJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (for sale), Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
It looks like I’ve joined the club. Our 4SCT is only blowing cold air. Not heat.

OPC states it’s a known issue and car is booked in at the end of April.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Probably the A/C sensor issue (campaign WMP5)

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Carrera S Cabrio
Country flag
Probably the A/C sensor issue (campaign WMP5)
Looks like I'm now a part of the "overheated brotherhood". My 4S sat in a garage for 5 days and emerged with no A/C. Just in time for a 90+ degree day in Boston. (Oddly, the battery temp seemed rather low at 80 degrees) You say that if I stick it back in the garage, it might come to its senses?

Rock

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Air conditioner stopped working after 14 months. Brought into dealer and they replaced the three (3) refrigerant sensors. Apparently the older sensors have a blue paint mark and are prone to failure. The dealer did an excellent job providing a loaner and fixing a car in a day. The cost would have been $1,100 for the work if not on warranty.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Air conditioner stopped working after 14 months. Brought into dealer and they replaced the three (3) refrigerant sensors. Apparently the older sensors have a blue paint mark and are prone to failure. The dealer did an excellent job providing a loaner and fixing a car in a day. The cost would have been $1,100 for the work if not on warranty.
When was your car built? I think it was resolved with cars built after May '21?

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
Took the car in today and...A/C working fine, pressure is correct and air is cold as expected.

The tech told me that at low states of charge, the car will cut off the compressor to save battery so...maybe this is what happened? I'll have to pay closer attention going forward.
I have driven with the AC on as low as 15% SOC and it stayed on. Wondering if it will shut down if the Nav is not being used and it cannot tell what the SOC will be at destination. Just a speculation here.
On the other hand, the precool function will not operate if the SOC is below approx. 25% SOC.

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag
I thought the aircon was broken the other day. It turns out I was just in Sport Plus mode and the car chose to turn off A/C. 😅

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I thought the aircon was broken the other day. It turns out I was just in Sport Plus mode and the car chose to turn off A/C. 😅
Yes why is the Ac going down when switched to sport plus? Does it keep the AC il to cool down the battery In anticipation.

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Add one more to the AC mystery. Was at a supercharger and the battery got to 125f. No AC for the next 2 hours of driving. Battery aircooled to 109 when I parked it in the garage. An hour later I checked it again and the AC would turn on battery still at 107. Plugged in the charger , the AC ran and cooled the battery to 85 in about 20min…

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Hate to say, I joined the AC not blowing cold air in FL. WMP5 sounds like the solution, but my service advisor argued that my car does not have that recall in the Porsche computer. It must be something else. I respectfully disagree. At least we have a little cool air here in FL since its going to be 10 days till it can go in (I was not leaving it there sitting in their lot waiting to get looked at).
Sponsored