DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Problem: The SiriusXM icon is grayed out and cannot be selected.
Workaround: Change your <> button to "change source" and use that to select SiriusXM.

When I do this workaround, I get a popup message that my free trial is active.

I thought this was a one-off but I've had to do it more often lately, so I'm hoping this gets resolved.
Sponsored

tfurbay

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, BMW X5
Country flag
Problem: The SiriusXM icon is grayed out and cannot be selected.
Workaround: Change your <> button to "change source" and use that to select SiriusXM.

When I do this workaround, I get a popup message that my free trial is active.

I thought this was a one-off but I've had to do it more often lately, so I'm hoping this gets resolved.
Same here. This just started happening within the past week. Had to do the workaround described here several different time. It always works but super annoying.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
So it behaves as if your subscription has expired? How long is your subscription? I wonder if this is a Sirius XM problem, not a PCM problem.

RichJ

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2015 BMW228ix, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
This has not happened on my Taycan, but it just happened yesterday on my wife’s Audi Q7. I will try the workaround on her car also

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
So it behaves as if your subscription has expired? How long is your subscription? I wonder if this is a Sirius XM problem, not a PCM problem.
I am wondering the same. I'm on a 3 month free trial with the car, 2 months into it. I do plan to subscribe and wonder if that will address the problem.

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag
Havent come across this. Only thing I see is a brief message when I start the car (and i am already listening to an SiriusXM channel….) stating:
‘check SiriusXM antenna’. Just ignoring it, just like the prompt for ‘Ziel’ instead of Destination ;)

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I get the check antenna a lot too, which seems to be harmless.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
Really strange, this Sirius XM issue popped up for me, seemingly right after I was able to log into my account for the first time (was suffering from red SOS light / greyed out login button for last 5 weeks). Same thing when switching back to guest account.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I signed up for a Sirius account to see if it would stop, since every time I reset it after failure I get a trial popup.

Still happening, maybe it will stop once the trial is over.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
I signed up for a Sirius account to see if it would stop, since every time I reset it after failure I get a trial popup.

Still happening, maybe it will stop once the trial is over.
I would guess that this is not related to the Sirius XM subscription status, since you should still have access to their promo channel even without an active subscription. I did notice that my radio ID is missing under Sirius XM settings - I'm pretty sure that it was listed there before, so seems that there's an issue with the PCM recognizing the Sirius XM receiver.

edit - after doing the workaround, the radio ID is listed again

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
@DerekS my sat radio has been inoperative since 2 days after delivery. Option is greyed out and joker key work-around does nothing. Dealer has sent data to Germany and I'm waiting to hear from them. I'm hoping there is a fix on the horizon.

(3 month trial is up at the end of August)

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
This is now happening to me every single day. I actually can't wait for my trial to expire in hopes that the issue is somehow linked to that.

I suspect it might be, since I get the "welcome" popup every time I do the workaround.

AndyW

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
I would guess that this is not related to the Sirius XM subscription status, since you should still have access to their promo channel even without an active subscription. I did notice that my radio ID is missing under Sirius XM settings - I'm pretty sure that it was listed there before, so seems that there's an issue with the PCM recognizing the Sirius XM receiver.

Unlike my 911 or Macan the Sirius XM in my Taycan cuts in and out with the slightest tree cover.
dealer has replaced the antenna no improvement. I also have noticed each time I start it
takes several minutes to download (spinning circle) to the home screen.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Unlike my 911 or Macan the Sirius XM in my Taycan cuts in and out with the slightest tree cover.
dealer has replaced the antenna no improvement. I also have noticed each time I start it
takes several minutes to download (spinning circle) to the home screen.
At least it's operational!
Sponsored