HK111

First Name
Henrik
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes GL 320, Mercedes V 4Matic
Country flag
Hello Ron,

thanks for your answer. The route to fast charger-option is what I tried, and it seemed to work. I also tried averaging 110mph on the A9, which also worked (the 4S pulled 248 kW then from a Ionity charger). But I was missing a simple "preheat the damn thing now and don't try to be smart"-button. The preheat option you mention corresponds to "Standklimatisierung", which is exactly what you write, cabin preheating - a nifty feature in these winters while the car is still hooked up to a charger.

The launching is a good one, that's new!

Except that right now we have de-facto lockdown here in Munich and the streets are empty.

Cheers,
Henrik

dryii

First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo, 2003 Porsche 911
Country flag
Except that right now we have de-facto lockdown here in Munich and the streets are empty.
Streets are empty?? The perfect time to go out!

feye

Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7, MS 90D, Taycan 4S+ order locked
Country flag
Hello there,

thanks for the list, and one stupid question: How do you preheat the battery in the first place? By selecting a charger as a waypoint?
IIRC I saw on a picture of the English UI something like "preheat battery" on the middle control panel, but never found that button in the German UI...

Anybody have enlightenment?

Cheers,
Henrik
German's have the Autobahn, no preheating required! :angel:

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
I spent 30 years as a Software & Hardware Quality Assurance engineer, manager, and director.

Porsche Corporate has not responded.

Dealer Service Advisors & Managers have been excellent, but probably won’t be fixing the software.
Real thorough job on this Don. Will be interested to see if Porsche reaches out to you about this.