friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
Finally got that call Ive been waiting for since April this year that my allocation for a 2023 GTS ST came in! Obviously expecting things to be delayed but so far its a November build with a lock date of sometime in October. This will be my first ever EV and Im super excited! Please review and provide feedback on my build below and let me know if there are any glaring omissions. Thanks!

BUILD CODE: PP53J776
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Since you choose blue lights, I’d add blue Porsche logo on the back.
and, think about 18way seats…some members didn’t like them (me included).
otherwise, i don’t know what’s inside GTS, so i can’t make any other comments.
(i prefer leather, but that’s personal preference.)

wish you short/fast waiting months!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Congratulations on the allocation!

The obvious question for me is why you'd go for the Glacier blue lights (yet you've not gone for the matching glacier blue light bar at the rear), when everything else about the GT3 is black - (standard lights), window trims, wheels, side skirts etc?
I think the smoked black lights will look far better with the Chalk exterior and black/red interior.

I think the panoramic roof is worth considering.

I'm not sure about the standard equipment on US cars - did you think about adaptive cruise control, comfort access, park assist, Bose upgrade etc?

Last edited:
OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Since you choose blue lights, I’d add blue Porsche logo on the back.
and, think about 18way seats…some members didn’t like them (me included).
otherwise, i don’t know what’s inside GTS, so i can’t make any other comments.
(i prefer leather, but that’s personal preference.)

wish you short/fast waiting months!
The obvious question for me is why you'd go for the Glacier blue lights (yet you've not gone for the matching glacier blue light bar at the rear), when everything else about the GT3 is black - (standard lights), window trims, wheels, side skirts etc?
I think the smoked black lights will look far better with the Chalk exterior and black/red interior.

I think the panoramic roof is worth considering.

I'm not sure about the standard equipment on US cars - did you think about adaptive cruise control, Bose upgrade?
Hmm, I think I didnt know what the blue lights are... I thought they give a blueish tint ? Need to research this a little bit. I agree that the black would look better. thanks for the feedback!
f.

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not sure about the standard equipment on US cars - did you think about adaptive cruise control, comfort access, park assist, Bose upgrade etc?
I did think about the ACC - I dont drive enough to warrant it and honestly want to keep the cost < 160k.

I had originally speced it with the Brumester but reading all the reviews the general consensus is that its not worth the $5800 premium so I skipped it.

f.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmm, I think I didnt know what the blue lights are... I thought they give a blueish tint ?
Standard feature:
- Exclusive Matrix LED headlights in black, with Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)

Optional feature:
- Daytime running light elements in Glacier Iceblue with visually differentiated trims in 3D track graphic.
- Same form and function as the LED main headlights with matrix beam including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)

On some coloured cars then the blue lights might look ok (Neptune blue or white?), but for me, not on most colours and not on a GTS!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did think about the ACC - I dont drive enough to warrant it and honestly want to keep the cost < 160k.

I had originally speced it with the Brumester but reading all the reviews the general consensus is that its not worth the $5800 premium so I skipped it.
I came to the view that the Burmeister upgrade was not worth it for me (however good it is), but the Bose upgrade would be worth having,

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
Another suggestion to spec ACC. Perhaps you never intend to sell it, but all of the driver assistance (including functions on demand) depends on the sensor being there.

EJM22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Since you got Bose and Surround view, I’d just go for Premium Package. I think it’s worth, glass, storage package, LCA, etc

Last edited:

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
ACC is not that expensive. The reason why i suggest it is mostly for resale.
If someone is looking for a taycan with ALK and/or Innodrive he ll be able to spec it if you have ACC. If you don't the retrofit isn't possible.

I got the Burmester on my 4S. To be honest it's great but not worth the extra if you are short on budget (and with a burmester you should get thermal and acousting insulation glass)

Oh and i got the glacier blue headlight. The extra cost isn't worth it and your money will be better spent elsewhere (like pano roof which gives a lot more light inside)

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks all for the great feedback thus far. Take-aways thus far:
1. I should consider ACC (will consider it and do some more research)
2. Consider bumping to Premium package since I already have surround and fiolding mirrors checked (Im going to do it)
3. Remove glacier blue lights (will do!)

f.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here are some items to consider:
1. Car comes standard with summer tires. All-seasons must be optioned. What tires will you use in winter?
2. You'll get a cleaner look from the standard manual charging port covers. The auto retracting ones add a black trim line and are potentially something else to fix if they break.
3. EDIT: Photo shows a closed roof but specs say panoramic roof is standard. END EDIT The panoramic roof is a nice feature of Taycans. Before you omit it, compare back seat rides in Taycans with and without it. Pano roof makes the interior seem larger, in my opinion.
4. It is high-end car. My guess is that ACC will be considered a standard feature for such cars in the future. Don't omit it.
5. Lane Change Assist is Porsche name for blind spot monitor. Pretty much a standard safety feature these days, but Porsche has made it an option. Don't omit.
6. Consider Porsche Intelligent Range Manager. It can help with planning road trips.

One thing you will learn is that participating in this forum will cost you money, when you ask for option feedback. ;) Congrats on your allocation, and good luck.

Last edited:

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Having experienced ACC for the first time in stop and go traffic a few weeks ago, I could not imagine a car without it. I didn't need to do a thing other than keep my car in the lane. I'd almost call it relaxing.

Another option worth thinking of would be the rear 2+1 seats, as it also gives you the 40/20/40 folding seats instead of just 60/40, and it isn't a huge cost.

I'm a huge fan of the Head-Up Display, but I get that others tend to not appreciate it as much, and it gives a different look on the dashboard as well.
Sponsored