friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
This. Impressive and got lucky! OP, what dealer are you ordering though?

I’ve waiting since November too, actually picking up a nicely optioned CT4 today since I just want some sort of EV wagon while I wait for the ST.
I'll PM you the dealer info. But its a local dealer here in Northern Virginia.

I'd add the Premium Package and the ACC. i think that will make it a SOLID build.
Yep! Agreed on both!

ordered mine with the 2+1 since i need the 3 seats in the back, otherwise 2+2 is cool, a friend with just 2 kids got his and is a cool setup.

Also go tech package for mine ( i like the second screen and HUD)
I dont have any kids nor any plans to have any (freeeedom haha!) so dont really need a 2+1 seating. 99% of the time it'll be me and the wifey in the car.

f.
Sponsored

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
ACC is not that expensive. The reason why i suggest it is mostly for resale.
If someone is looking for a taycan with ALK and/or Innodrive he ll be able to spec it if you have ACC. If you don't the retrofit isn't possible.

I got the Burmester on my 4S. To be honest it's great but not worth the extra if you are short on budget (and with a burmester you should get thermal and acousting insulation glass)

Oh and i got the glacier blue headlight. The extra cost isn't worth it and your money will be better spent elsewhere (like pano roof which gives a lot more light inside)
So you are saying as long as the ACC option is chosen, ALK and/or Innodrive can be added after delivery?

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So you are saying as long as the ACC option is chosen, ALK and/or Innodrive can be added after delivery?
ACC provides the necessary hardware dependency (radar dome at front beneath number plate) which can only be factory fitted for both InnoDrive and ALK which are software based and can be added later via Function on Demand (FoD) software download.

Some more have been added https://media.porsche.com/mediakit/taycan/en/porsche-taycan/die-functions-on-demand-fod

You can rent / purchase / trial but is a more expensive way to pay for these options.

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ACC provides the necessary hardware dependency (radar dome at front beneath number plate) which can only be factory fitted for both InnoDrive and ALK which are software based and can be added later via Function on Demand (FoD) software download.

Some more have been added https://media.porsche.com/mediakit/taycan/en/porsche-taycan/die-functions-on-demand-fod

You can rent / purchase / trial but is a more expensive way to pay for these options.
This is great info! I'll definitely be adding ACC to my build now.

f.

yankeedoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag

" You can rent / purchase / trial but is a more expensive way to pay for these options. "

does anyone know how much it would cost to purchase these options after delivery (assuming one has ACC installed)?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
" You can rent / purchase / trial but is a more expensive way to pay for these options. "

does anyone know how much it would cost to purchase these options after delivery (assuming one has ACC installed)?
Ask your dealer for the price list if you can't find the information on Porsche website.

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Freeze is in 2 weeks! Decided to go PTS ! Gonna keep it secret for now as I think it will be the first and only one in that paint in the US.

Current build sheet (feedback welcome!)

Porsche Taycan Build Critique: Taycan GTS Sport Turismo Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 4.06.53 PM

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Freeze is in 2 weeks! Decided to go PTS ! Gonna keep it secret for now as I think it will be the first and only one in that paint in the US.
I'm a simple man. I hear PTS GTS ST, and I smile. Can't wait to see it, hopefully you get some nice production photos to share!

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Having experienced ACC for the first time in stop and go traffic a few weeks ago, I could not imagine a car without it. I didn't need to do a thing other than keep my car in the lane. I'd almost call it relaxing.

Another option worth thinking of would be the rear 2+1 seats, as it also gives you the 40/20/40 folding seats instead of just 60/40, and it isn't a huge cost.

I'm a huge fan of the Head-Up Display, but I get that others tend to not appreciate it as much, and it gives a different look on the dashboard as well.
That is a very good point on the ACC. I sold my last car, with ACC, to a chap in LA. He texted me a week after getting home to CA with some questions about the car and could not say enough good things about the ACC's performance in bumper to bumper traffic. Personally I only used the ACC once in 7 years, just to see how it worked, and did not bother to spec it in my taycan. Now I am having second thoughts. And for sure, the next time I am caught in some really shitty traffic I will think of the post from the man with the acid green taycan!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
That is a very good point on the ACC. I sold my last car, with ACC, to a chap in LA. He texted me a week after getting home to CA with some questions about the car and could not say enough good things about the ACC's performance in bumper to bumper traffic. Personally I only used the ACC once in 7 years, just to see how it worked, and did not bother to spec it in my taycan. Now I am having second thoughts. And for sure, the next time I am caught in some really shitty traffic I will think of the post from the man with the acid green taycan!
Yes, me too, I have an equivalent to ACC on my current car and hardly ever use it since I hardly ever drive in traffic jams so didn't order it on my Taycan.
In light traffic it occasionally suddenly slowed the car because of a truck in another lane, not often but once is too often for me :)
I was frustrated that the ACC was inferior for my use to the old fashioned cruise control I had in my previous car and was glad the Taycan was available without....

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Yes, me too, I have an equivalent to ACC on my current car and hardly ever use it since I hardly ever drive in traffic jams so didn't order it on my Taycan.
In light traffic it occasionally suddenly slowed the car because of a truck in another lane, not often but once is too often for me :)
I was frustrated that the ACC was inferior for my use to the old fashioned cruise control I had in my previous car and was glad the Taycan was available without....
I too seldom drive in traffic jams. And my heart goes out to fellow Taycan pilots who are forced to fly on instruments rather than by the seat of their pants. I actually look forward to strapping in each day and seeing what awaits me on the road ahead.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Your build looks great although I will have to agree with others that you consider ACC for the emergency braking function at the least. This has been a great safety function in previous cars. I also have GTS allocation and look forward to seeing your build progress. My build is not due until 3/23. I wish you the best with your build journey.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPK6JMJ1

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Your build looks great although I will have to agree with others that you consider ACC for the emergency braking function at the least. This has been a great safety function in previous cars. I also have GTS allocation and look forward to seeing your build progress. My build is not due until 3/23. I wish you the best with your build journey.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPK6JMJ1
Emergency braking / collision braking is a standard feature for most cars these days and the Taycan is no exception - I actually think it's a mandatory requirement by law in UK/ Europe.

What does ACC provide over and above?

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Emergency braking / collision braking is a standard feature for most cars these days and the Taycan is no exception - I actually think it's a mandatory requirement by law in UK/ Europe.

What does ACC provide over and above?

I stand corrected, I do believe that Emergency braking is standard in the US as well. From what I have been able to research, the standard system functions at lower city speeds and in traffic to assist in an urgent situation, but ACC enhances this ability to function while at high speeds because of the added radar sensor that allows monitoring of obstacles further ahead of you along with warnings of speed differentials with the cars in front of you from a further distance.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I stand corrected, I do believe that Emergency braking is standard in the US as well. From what I have been able to research, the standard system functions at lower city speeds and in traffic to assist in an urgent situation, but ACC enhances this ability to function while at high speeds because of the added radar sensor that allows monitoring of obstacles further ahead of you along with warnings of speed differentials with the cars in front of you from a further distance.
Variable sunroof it is then 😉😂
Sponsored