First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Congrats!

Sports Chrono egg timer clock looks rubbish and ruins the aesthetics in the futuristic cabin.
Agree pano roof waste of time as driver gets no benefit.
I little bit of me dies inside whenever I see black leather seats. Satan does not approve.
Might as well get 4+1 so it is just there if you ever need it. Costs less than a crest on the console!
Comfort Access is brilliant.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Finally got that call Ive been waiting for since April this year that my allocation for a 2023 GTS ST came in! Obviously expecting things to be delayed but so far its a November build with a lock date of sometime in October. This will be my first ever EV and Im super excited! Please review and provide feedback on my build below and let me know if there are any glaring omissions. Thanks!

BUILD CODE: PP53J776
Impressive that you got an allocation so soon. I ordered Sep'21 and confirmed on launch day Nov'21 but still do not have an allocation like many others.

Skip the blue lighting IMHO, add Bose, Rear Axle Steering, Panoramic Roof, privacy glass, Race Tex B-Pillars, electric folding mirrors, RS Spyder wheels.

Gt1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
Your build is very simar to mine with exception that mine is in ice grey. I recently took delivery a week ago and thus far it has been amazing! Congrats.

1) like you I did order mine with the glacier blue headlights. Tbh, it was because my kids wanted it but I actually do like them. I get That a distinguishing feature of the GTS are the blacked out pieces but to me the ice blue housing is dark enough and doesnt look out of place. I did not opt for the glacier blue "Porsche" on the back because that was too much and I did want some of the GTS styling. Attached are a few photos.

2) i did opt of the panorama roof and love it. As many have said it does make the car feel more open. Coming from a M5 with a carbon roof, I'm glad to have to extra light again.

3) I did get the 14 way seats and they are fine, but I do wonder whether the 18 way would have been better. I chose the 14 for the slimmer profile so my kids could see out the front a bit more.

4) I didn't originally add the ACC as I do virtually all city driving but my SA said I'd be missing out on some collii avoidance safety features. Not sure if this is true but I added this last minute.

5) I have the Pirelli summer tires and from whatI've read here sounds like the tread life isn't great. In hindsight I probably would have optioned the all seasons even though I will have a separate set of winters.

6) I do have the black roof rails as well which I like as it just as a bit more contrast to the car.

Porsche Taycan Build Critique: Taycan GTS Sport Turismo 86EB264E-A007-431B-8D72-84A10663E123

Porsche Taycan Build Critique: Taycan GTS Sport Turismo 5D7A28F9-2FE1-4E64-8A05-30754701C032

Porsche Taycan Build Critique: Taycan GTS Sport Turismo EA71E6C7-51A1-41F1-BAAD-08630BDD51F2

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm confused. The photos of your build do not show a panoramic roof, but fixed panoramic roof is listed as standard equipment for your model.
Did you choose not to get the glass roof? I did not see that -no glass roof- as an option.
I do see option for the variable light panoramic roof.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I'm confused. The photos of your build do not show a panoramic roof, but fixed panoramic roof is listed as standard equipment for your model.
Did you choose not to get the glass roof? I did not see that -no glass roof- as an option.
I do see option for the variable light panoramic roof.
I'm 95% sure that it's just an issue with the online tool, as the pano roof is standard on the CT/ST in the US, and can't be removed.

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
3. EDIT: Photo shows a closed roof but specs say panoramic roof is standard. END EDIT The panoramic roof is a nice feature of Taycans. Before you omit it, compare back seat rides in Taycans with and without it. Pano roof makes the interior seem larger, in my opinion.
I'm 95% sure that it's just an issue with the online tool, as the pano roof is standard on the CT/ST in the US, and can't be removed.
I'll confirm this with my SA. If thats indeed true then thats even better! I do want the glass roof as all my previous cars have had the pano roof and I love the feeling of extra space in the car with it - but I didnt want to pay the extra for the VLC option.

f.

OP
OP

friskygeek

First Name
faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GTS ST (on order), '22 Macan, Cirrus SR22
Country flag
Your build is very simar to mine with exception that mine is in ice grey. I recently took delivery a week ago and thus far it has been amazing! Congrats.

1) like you I did order mine with the glacier blue headlights. Tbh, it was because my kids wanted it but I actually do like them. I get That a distinguishing feature of the GTS are the blacked out pieces but to me the ice blue housing is dark enough and doesnt look out of place. I did not opt for the glacier blue "Porsche" on the back because that was too much and I did want some of the GTS styling. Attached are a few photos.

2) i did opt of the panorama roof and love it. As many have said it does make the car feel more open. Coming from a M5 with a carbon roof, I'm glad to have to extra light again.

3) I did get the 14 way seats and they are fine, but I do wonder whether the 18 way would have been better. I chose the 14 for the slimmer profile so my kids could see out the front a bit more.

4) I didn't originally add the ACC as I do virtually all city driving but my SA said I'd be missing out on some collii avoidance safety features. Not sure if this is true but I added this last minute.

5) I have the Pirelli summer tires and from whatI've read here sounds like the tread life isn't great. In hindsight I probably would have optioned the all seasons even though I will have a separate set of winters.

6) I do have the black roof rails as well which I like as it just as a bit more contrast to the car.
Congrats! That looks fantastic!!!

On the pano roof - is the "standard" roof or the VLC? Im hearing different things about whether a pano roof (without the VLC) is standard on the GTS.

Good point on the all seasons. Will option those too!
f

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'll confirm this with my SA. If thats indeed true then thats even better! I do want the glass roof as all my previous cars have had the pano roof and I love the feeling of extra space in the car with it - but I didnt want to pay the extra for the VLC option.

f.
My learning about ordering was to print out the "standard features" listing at the bottom of the build summary and look it over carefully. That's when I first learned summer tires were standard on my Taycan and I needed to option All-Season.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My learning about ordering was to print out the "standard features" listing at the bottom of the build summary and look it over carefully. That's when I first learned summer tires were standard on my Taycan and I needed to option All-Season.
We have a bunch of billboards all over Austin encouraging Austinites to move to Ohio (I guess owing to the increased cost of housing)... but none of the ads mention that you can't run on summer tires all year long. Truth in advertising, I say.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
We have a bunch of billboards all over Austin encouraging Austinites to move to Ohio (I guess owing to the increased cost of housing)... but none of the ads mention that you can't run on summer tires all year long. Truth in advertising, I say.
I thought people all over the country were moving to Texas. Go figure.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I would pay the couple of hundred dollars and stick with the PD clock that's part of the GTS exclusive interior.

The digital clock looks awful for a reason: Porsche wants you to upgrade it.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I thought people all over the country were moving to Texas. Go figure.
Yup. Rich folks from California and NYC move here and price out the regular folks... who I guess move to Ohio? That's Ohio's play, it seems.

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Impressive that you got an allocation so soon. I ordered Sep'21 and confirmed on launch day Nov'21 but still do not have an allocation like many others.
This. Impressive and got lucky! OP, what dealer are you ordering though?

I’ve waiting since November too, actually picking up a nicely optioned CT4 today since I just want some sort of EV wagon while I wait for the ST.

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Finally got that call Ive been waiting for since April this year that my allocation for a 2023 GTS ST came in! Obviously expecting things to be delayed but so far its a November build with a lock date of sometime in October. This will be my first ever EV and Im super excited! Please review and provide feedback on my build below and let me know if there are any glaring omissions. Thanks!

BUILD CODE: PP53J776
I'd add the Premium Package and the ACC. i think that will make it a SOLID build.

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Having experienced ACC for the first time in stop and go traffic a few weeks ago, I could not imagine a car without it. I didn't need to do a thing other than keep my car in the lane. I'd almost call it relaxing.

Another option worth thinking of would be the rear 2+1 seats, as it also gives you the 40/20/40 folding seats instead of just 60/40, and it isn't a huge cost.

I'm a huge fan of the Head-Up Display, but I get that others tend to not appreciate it as much, and it gives a different look on the dashboard as well.
ordered mine with the 2+1 since i need the 3 seats in the back, otherwise 2+2 is cool, a friend with just 2 kids got his and is a cool setup.

Also go tech package for mine ( i like the second screen and HUD)
Sponsored