First Name
Sandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi everyone
Just wondering if anyone has added ceramic coating, extended warranty and Porsche dash cam, tinting as part of your package.

also just wondering the options for the rwd v less specs and going 4s.

currently optioned rwd
Tyre locks
Performance plus battery
Electric sound
Electric charger port
Taycan turbo wheels
Metallic black color
Air suspension
Rear axle steering
Passenger screen
Ioniser
Ambient lighting
Heated seats
18 way seats
Panoramic roof
Insulated windows
Bose sound system (now not available)

all up car is costing $235k. Should I reduce some options and get the 4s instead. Any options that you think are not worth it?
Sponsored

Last edited:

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure if insulated windows are needed - standard ones are good and the car is very quiet.
18 way seats seem overkill - standard seats are great.
4S Bose sounds great - not sure what is standard for the RWD.
Ambient lighting and Ioniser....not really my cup of tea.
Rear wheel steering - wish I'd got that for tight park spots.
Get the HUD! it's a great addition to have essential info - like current speed :) - in your line of sight.
Porsche dash cam looks pretty ugly from my PoV, but if you want it...
I tinted the driver and passenger glass (dealer did it) to match the rear glass. Well worth it.
Warranty and ceramic coating - I have standard paint and warranty - no issues yet.

A lot of the options you mention are standard in the 4S. It's possible the price is not too different once you compare apples and apples.

OP
OP
Taycan2023y

Taycan2023y

First Name
Sandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Not sure if insulated windows are needed - standard ones are good and the car is very quiet.
18 way seats seem overkill - standard seats are great.
4S Bose sounds great - not sure what is standard for the RWD.
Ambient lighting and Ioniser....not really my cup of tea.
Rear wheel steering - wish I'd got that for tight park spots.
Get the HUD! it's a great addition to have essential info - like current speed :) - in your line of sight.
Porsche dash cam looks pretty ugly from my PoV, but if you want it...
I tinted the driver and passenger glass (dealer did it) to match the rear glass. Well worth it.
Warranty and ceramic coating - I have standard paint and warranty - no issues yet.

A lot of the options you mention are standard in the 4S. It's possible the price is not too different once you compare apples and apples.
Thanks so much ill take out the rest of the stuff like warranty and ceramic paint etc.

Hud comes standard; bose and burmester is discontinued because of supply matters.

Did you get the performance plus battery?

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes I got the Performance Plus battery for the extra range (and power). I also optioned Sports Chrono which gives you the steering wheel selector, analogue dash clock and some other tweaks.
I kept the standard 20" wheels as they are more efficient than the aero wheels. Not as beautiful though...🤷‍♂️

I spoke to a Tesla person who said Tesla owners tend to apply the aftermarket paint protection because the factory paint is so poor. Also, in Australia we don't have to contend with road grit & salt like many snowy northern hemisphere countries.

I've had a few minor problems which have all been covered under the standard warranty.

I decided against the pano roof because our sun is so intense - I figured it would get very hot on a bright day. Subsequent advice seems to be mixed. With the new variable light control I think I would option it.

What sort of audio are they using instead of Bose & Burmester now?

OP
OP
Taycan2023y

Taycan2023y

First Name
Sandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Yes I got the Performance Plus battery for the extra range (and power). I also optioned Sports Chrono which gives you the steering wheel selector, analogue dash clock and some other tweaks.
I kept the standard 20" wheels as they are more efficient than the aero wheels. Not as beautiful though...🤷‍♂️

I spoke to a Tesla person who said Tesla owners tend to apply the aftermarket paint protection because the factory paint is so poor. Also, in Australia we don't have to contend with road grit & salt like many snowy northern hemisphere countries.

I've had a few minor problems which have all been covered under the standard warranty.

I decided against the pano roof because our sun is so intense - I figured it would get very hot on a bright day. Subsequent advice seems to be mixed. With the new variable light control I think I would option it.

What sort of audio are they using instead of Bose & Burmester now?
The standard sound system that comes standard on macan. I think the SA mentioned supreme sound system with 10 speakers.
That will do no choice I suppose. I also got the sports chrono. They did mention with panoramic roof the aircon is a bit tweaked. But yes the Aussie sun is brutal.
Thank you for all your help now I can lock it in
Sponsored