OP
OP

TaycanTurboS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a car?!
Country flag
Porsche has offered PDCC across multiple models for over a decade. An SA should know exactly what it does and how. Then again, Porsche seems to be very focused on being a lifestyle brand these days, so maybe the SAs are spending more time focused on deviated stitching and the vaunted ‘race-tex on the B pillar’ option.
It wasn’t just the sales assistant. Even at the experience centre they said the same thing. The car on track drove like it was on rails. I asked if this was the PDCC and they said no. Either way I guess it doesn’t matter now as it’s going on the car.
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I wanted to add comfort access but their disclaimer put me right off: “it cannot be completely ruled out that the key’s wireless encryption code is intercepted and used to open or steal the vehicle”. Now I know this is possible anyway but the fact they went out of their way on the configurator (and my previous career as a lawyer) makes it very unpalatable to me.

Thank you 😊
it’s just a standard disclaimer - no system is foolproof, but the Porsche system is supposedly one of the best:
https://www.thatcham.org/latest-consumer-security-ratings-released/

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Thank you for that. It’s “superior” over the “basic” Tesla 😂.
I think it’s the highest rating that Thatcham have awarded for the ‘relay attack’? Just keep the keys in a Faraday cage when you are not using the car to further reduce the risk.

I think some options (remove park assist) require ‘Comfort access’.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
It wasn’t just the sales assistant. Even at the experience centre they said the same thing. The car on track drove like it was on rails. I asked if this was the PDCC and they said no. Either way I guess it doesn’t matter now as it’s going on the car.
While I don't recall anyone saying PDCC makes the car worse, it seems that the majority of opinion expressed on this forum (in many cases without first-hand experience of the system on a Taycan) seems to be that the performance benefits are minimal- the key point being that the Taycan is already so good without PDCC- but it can improve ride quality (which is already good with air suspension). That said, if you're spec'ing the pinnacle of Taycanness, you may as well go all-in!
Most recent thread was just a few days ago- https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/order-pdcc-yay-or-nay.13647/

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Thank you!

Does PDCC make that much of a difference? It’s one I’m really conflicted about so any insights are really appreciated! The dealership said it’s only useful for the track. I had the experience day and they said to leave it alone and not spec it as I wouldn’t (👀) be driving like an F1 driver every time I get behind the wheel…

The red seatbelts are a good shout although on the configurator they don’t match the red leather. I’ll enquire about this with the dealer.

It’s always cold in the UK so I’m not sure how much use I’d get out of the vented seats haha.
One of my mates is a racing driver who did some development driving of the Taycan at the prototype stage. He was surprised when I said I was not going for PDCC and eventually I did, not least for the better ride (when in the straight the single wheel rate is softer with PDCC without getting excess roll so it will have a superior ride in normal use as well as less roll when pressing on).

There are few things I like less than sitting on a hot seat on a hot summer's day so even in the UK if it means I am more comfortable 5 times a year the ventilation will have been worth every penny for me..

OP
OP

TaycanTurboS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a car?!
Country flag
One of my mates is a racing driver who did some development driving of the Taycan at the prototype stage. He was surprised when I said I was not going for PDCC and eventually I did, not least for the better ride (when in the straight the single wheel rate is softer with PDCC without getting excess roll so it will have a superior ride in normal use as well as less roll when pressing on).

There are few things I like less than sitting on a hot seat on a hot summer's day so even in the UK if it means I am more comfortable 5 times a year the ventilation will have been worth every penny for me..
Thank you for that insight! I’ve added it to my build. Now it’s just a case of getting it finally locked in and wait. I’m hopeful of March 23!

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
Thank you for that insight! I’ve added it to my build. Now it’s just a case of getting it finally locked in and wait. I’m hopeful of March 23!
I have opted for rear seat entertainment, don't imagine it will have much impact on the range but expect it to be a joy on long drives. Our Cayenne (MY2010 but we've had it since 2016) has it and the kids adore it. It also means we can listen to our music, podcasts or whatever while the kids (12) watch Harry Potter on DVD, again. Upgrading to a more streaming based service will be excellent.

There is a school of thought that an iPad does all the same but they would tend to hold those and play Minecraft so their posture would be grim and it increases motion sickness. One other thought was if waiting for charging you could sit in the back and watch tv/boxset/live sport.

Assuming it hasn't been surreptitiously deleted from my build I'll hopefully be able to post pics and a quick review in the next 2-3 weeks.

OP
OP

TaycanTurboS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a car?!
Country flag
I have opted for rear seat entertainment, don't imagine it will have much impact on the range but expect it to be a joy on long drives. Our Cayenne (MY2010 but we've had it since 2016) has it and the kids adore it. It also means we can listen to our music, podcasts or whatever while the kids (12) watch Harry Potter on DVD, again. Upgrading to a more streaming based service will be excellent.

There is a school of thought that an iPad does all the same but they would tend to hold those and play Minecraft so their posture would be grim and it increases motion sickness. One other thought was if waiting for charging you could sit in the back and watch tv/boxset/live sport.

Assuming it hasn't been surreptitiously deleted from my build I'll hopefully be able to post pics and a quick review in the next 2-3 weeks.
I'll look forward to the update! Thank you.

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Hello all,

I have to lock in my build by the end of December and I’ve been spending countless hours on the configurator (like everyone else!). This is my current build.

I don’t plan on track driving the vehicle and will use it as my daily driver.

I would just like your comments or thoughts on my build specification.

I debated PDCC for a long time (and also the carbon sports body kit) but have left them off (for now…).

I had thought about having the rear seat entertainment for the kids but am very conscious of their impact on battery life (does anyone have any experience of this?).

Thank you all in advance!
Red interior is very nice (im biased). One option i would recommend to compliment the red interior are the red seatbelts. Though in the configurator they dont appear to match the rest, in real life they do. I also have the carbon fiber sports design package - i really like it (but its very contentious on this forum). PDCC - i cant help much on that topic; the GTS i have has its own tune that I am very fond of.

Great looking car - congrats!

OP
OP

TaycanTurboS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a car?!
Country flag
Red interior is very nice (im biased). One option i would recommend to compliment the red interior are the red seatbelts. Though in the configurator they dont appear to match the rest, in real life they do. I also have the carbon fiber sports design package - i really like it (but its very contentious on this forum). PDCC - i cant help much on that topic; the GTS i have has its own tune that I am very fond of.

Great looking car - congrats!
Thank you for the insight on the seatbelts. I wasn’t sure and was planning on going to the dealership to have a look at them to see if they match. As you’ve let me know they do (thank you!) I’ll add them to the build.

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Thank you for the insight on the seatbelts. I wasn’t sure and was planning on going to the dealership to have a look at them to see if they match. As you’ve let me know they do (thank you!) I’ll add them to the build.
Here's a picture. Includes my leather key pouch 😊

Porsche Taycan Build: Taycan Turbo S Sport Turismo PXL_20221128_161529345

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
I'll look forward to the update! Thank you.
Porsche Taycan Build: Taycan Turbo S Sport Turismo 1670512016400

Porsche Taycan Build: Taycan Turbo S Sport Turismo 1670512048016

Porsche Taycan Build: Taycan Turbo S Sport Turismo 1670512086229

Just some day 1 photos for you so you see how it looks in the car.

Screens look nice, well integrated and are probably equivalent to an iPad from a year or two ago, clearly HD. Needs to be on WiFi to work but the car hotspot linked fine. It doesn't do Crosslink yet, but says that's coming in a future update. That means they can't watch the same thing simultaneously, they could in the Cayenne...

Netflix is native and I was able to cast iPlayer to the screens. Using your phone as the hotspot means disconnecting CarPlay so I may end up buying the Porsche data if we go over 1gb. There is a HDMI port if you wanted to connect a laptop, Apple TV or equivalent.

Headphones seem very high quality and even better than the previous iteration. They're generic bluetooth so can be used separately. They come in a nice case, visible on the centre armrest, but it's too big to fit in the door pockets which is annoying. The Cayenne had a special hook that held them just above the door pocket which was well designed but there isn't space here. They will probably fit easily without the case or even between the screen and the headrest. A positive is that they are USB-C charged and come with a lead so can be charged while listening on a long drive.

Third photo shows the space behind my 6'5" driving position which is better than I anticipated. It won't be stuck straight in his face basically.

Overall I'm very happy I spec'ed it but will update with the views of 2 12 year old boys in due course.

OP
OP

TaycanTurboS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a car?!
Country flag
1670512016400.jpeg

1670512048016.jpeg

1670512086229.jpeg

Just some day 1 photos for you so you see how it looks in the car.

Screens look nice, well integrated and are probably equivalent to an iPad from a year or two ago, clearly HD. Needs to be on WiFi to work but the car hotspot linked fine. It doesn't do Crosslink yet, but says that's coming in a future update. That means they can't watch the same thing simultaneously, they could in the Cayenne...

Netflix is native and I was able to cast iPlayer to the screens. Using your phone as the hotspot means disconnecting CarPlay so I may end up buying the Porsche data if we go over 1gb. There is a HDMI port if you wanted to connect a laptop, Apple TV or equivalent.

Headphones seem very high quality and even better than the previous iteration. They're generic bluetooth so can be used separately. They come in a nice case, visible on the centre armrest, but it's too big to fit in the door pockets which is annoying. The Cayenne had a special hook that held them just above the door pocket which was well designed but there isn't space here. They will probably fit easily without the case or even between the screen and the headrest. A positive is that they are USB-C charged and come with a lead so can be charged while listening on a long drive.

Third photo shows the space behind my 6'5" driving position which is better than I anticipated. It won't be stuck straight in his face basically.

Overall I'm very happy I spec'ed it but will update with the views of 2 12 year old boys in due course.
Thank you! They look brilliant.