OP
OP

TaycanTurboS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a car?!
Country flag
Great build and I’ve also gone for the Race-Tex B pillars as advised by WuffvonTrips.

Out of interest, is there a reason for going for the matt black model designation on the rear? Absolutely your call but I would have gone with the gloss as you’ve optioned the gloss rear wiper cover, doors handles etc.
That’s a very good point! I just had to check the configurator now and sadly they don’t have that option.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TaycanTurboS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a car?!
Country flag
I really hope the Turbo / Turbo S Sport Tourismo come to the US ! Love the build. Would add the Race Tex B Pillars as others suggested, but beautiful without!
Thank you. Fingers crossed for you! They must have something in the offing!

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Two things to consider:

Comfort Access - keep the key in your pocket when entering and leaving the car, and open the trunk with a discreet leg kick.

Burmester sound system - you got the best trim (turbo s) now get the best sound system 😊 If you like listening to music this is going to be your best option.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Just in case you weren't already aware- the optional 2+1 rear seats are always in the style of the 14 way fronts, regardless of whether you have the 14 or 18 way fronts (whereas the standard 2 seat rear option always matches the front seat style). Some people think it looks a bit odd, others aren't fussed and some others haven't even noticed they have different styles.

OP
OP

TaycanTurboS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a car?!
Country flag
Two things to consider:

Comfort Access - keep the key in your pocket when entering and leaving the car, and open the trunk with a discreet leg kick.

Burmester sound system - you got the best trim (turbo s) now get the best sound system 😊 If you like listening to music this is going to be your best option.
I wanted to add comfort access but their disclaimer put me right off: “it cannot be completely ruled out that the key’s wireless encryption code is intercepted and used to open or steal the vehicle”. Now I know this is possible anyway but the fact they went out of their way on the configurator (and my previous career as a lawyer) makes it very unpalatable to me.

I mainly listen to podcasts/ the news otherwise I think the sound system would have been a serious consideration!

Thank you 😊

OP
OP

TaycanTurboS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a car?!
Country flag
Just in case you weren't already aware- the optional 2+1 rear seats are always in the style of the 14 way fronts, regardless of whether you have the 14 or 18 way fronts (whereas the standard 2 seat rear option always matches the front seat style). Some people think it looks a bit odd, others aren't fussed and some others haven't even noticed they have different styles.
I did not know that! That’s going to mess with the aesthetics… I think I should go in and have a look. Really good look out, thank you!

NJ-Taycan

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I don’t track my Taycan either but the PDCC really does make a noticeable difference, especially in such a heavy car. Will you miss it if you don’t option the dynamic chassis control - probably not. But often the only option you regret is the one you did not spec.

OP
OP

TaycanTurboS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a car?!
Country flag
I don’t track my Taycan either but the PDCC really does make a noticeable difference, especially in such a heavy car. Will you miss it if you don’t option the dynamic chassis control - probably not. But often the only option you regret is the one you did not spec.
That’s exactly how I’ve been feeling about it. Ok, it’s settled. It’s going on! Thank you.

OP
OP

TaycanTurboS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a car?!
Country flag
You made me look lol. The gloss black is actually standard. Just in case it’s something you’d consider.
Oh! I was so sure they said it comes in grey if I don’t choose this. If it’s standard as gloss then I’ll just remove the option. Thank you for this!

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Oh! I was so sure they said it comes in grey if I don’t choose this. If it’s standard as gloss then I’ll just remove the option. Thank you for this!
Here’s a screenshot of the standard features on the configurator for the ST Turbo S. Glad to be of help and good luck with the build. 👍

Porsche Taycan Build: Taycan Turbo S Sport Turismo DBF4EEA1-A1F8-42E3-BD7B-1C66A3C881B8

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you!

Does PDCC make that much of a difference? It’s one I’m really conflicted about so any insights are really appreciated! The dealership said it’s only useful for the track. I had the experience day and they said to leave it alone and not spec it as I wouldn’t (👀) be driving like an F1 driver every time I get behind the wheel…
Geez. Sad that SAs are this I’ll informed about the product they’re selling.

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
Geez. Sad that SAs are this I’ll informed about the product they’re selling.
There’s more options on the Porsche configurator than NFL teams have in their playbooks. Not sure it’s sad… it’s a fucking lot of stuff. This community is quite the savvy bunch and we still are discovering stuff all the time.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
There’s more options on the Porsche configurator than NFL teams have in their playbooks. Not sure it’s sad… it’s a fucking lot of stuff. This community is quite the savvy bunch and we still are discovering stuff all the time.
Porsche has offered PDCC across multiple models for over a decade. An SA should know exactly what it does and how. Then again, Porsche seems to be very focused on being a lifestyle brand these days, so maybe the SAs are spending more time focused on deviated stitching and the vaunted ‘race-tex on the B pillar’ option.
Sponsored