daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I have a 4 CT on order and cloe to lock date. Given that Porsche Uk have removed the Bose option (gggrrrr) I am looking to move to the Burmester, A deal breaker would be impact on cargo space. If it just uses the area under the cargo floor,, then that is fine, but does it also raise the height of the floor? Any advice or even pictures would be welcome. Many Thanks
Sponsored

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Aren’t all the cars with Burmester getting delayed? I thought it was removed from the configurator. Maybe that is resolved now…

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have a 4 CT on order and cloe to lock date. Given that Porsche Uk have removed the Bose option (gggrrrr) I am looking to move to the Burmester, A deal breaker would be impact on cargo space. If it just uses the area under the cargo floor,, then that is fine, but does it also raise the height of the floor? Any advice or even pictures would be welcome. Many Thanks
I don't think you'll notice. Your dealership demo probably has one installed that you could inspect.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Surprised the Bose has gone but Burmester is still on configurator?

I thought that they were currently unavailable?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Surprised the Bose has gone but Burmester is still on configurator?

I thought that they were currently unavailable?
Perhaps the supply of semiconductors needed for Burmester has been either resolved or diverted from other sources.

Bose still listed on my GTS ST build (still pending allocation).

Andy S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan; Volvo XC40
Country flag
Interesting that they have dropped BOSE off the list - Still on my build sheet, so hoping that still get it included when car gets built (currently scheduled for end of next week!)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The “subwoofer” in both the Bose and Burmester systems use part, not all, of the extra underfloor space.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
The “subwoofer” in both the Bose and Burmester systems use part, not all, of the extra underfloor space.
That’s correct.
Trunk space is about 15cm smaller (in hight).
(I have Bose)

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have a 2022 GTS sedan. The main trunk space is not affected. The difference in height is in the subfloor compartment, which is now just a shallow storage area

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Could personally never justify the Burmeister as a car's soundscape will never in my mind justify having high end audio systems but of course an entirely personal opinion!

That and I actually really use that extra space in the hidden storage area to hold my spare wheel jack, portable charger and a bunch of other bits and pieces I don't want floating about back there. Frees up the Frunk for other uses too.

This pic is just a daily use setup for my spare (bit of a funky angle as there is more space here then might seem) - can also store the spare vertically to side if nec but actually can still easily fit two suitcases and more with the wheel laid down flat!

Porsche Taycan Burmester Impact on Cargo Space IMG_6890
Sponsored