Burmester or Bose if all I use is Spotify via CarPlay?

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’ll admit I’m not a sophisticated music listener, I’m very uncomplicated and all I use is Spotify on my Apple CarPlay. That said, I still want a really good sound system in my car. I had Bose in my 2018 Macan and I was really disappointed with it. I’ve read many threads that Burmester is overpriced and Bose is plenty fine but I’d like to know from those who just listen to music through an app on CarPlay. Also aesthetically Im getting Neodyme accents and prefer the neodyme speakers of Burmester, but that alone isn’t enough to justify $5800! Thoughts!?
Sponsored

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Burmester is way too much money to take a risk on IMO. If everyone here raved about the sound, then perhaps it could make sense if you really are into audio. But because it's mixed reviews, I couldn't justify the upcharge, given most people find the Bose is at least fine if not good

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I am fussy and could talk for hours about different music codec's! I had a Bose system in my Panamera and was similarly disappointed. On that basis, I optioned Burmeister in my Taycan and am very pleased with it.

I had a loaner Taycan for two weeks – did a road-trip to Spain in it – that had the Bose system optioned in it. I was blown away with how good it was. Much better than the Bose that was in my Panamera.

The Burmeister is noticeably better than the Bose. And it sounds better with its default settings than Bose. For some reason, the Bose needs a little tweaking – such as "surround music" option activated.

I prefer a more natural or pure sound – and the Burmeister delivers that in spades – the Bose sounds a little more "processed" to my ears. I think I would describe it as the Bose having its own "brand" style or sound. But where as that was awful on Panamera – its really good on Taycan.

I have a Taycan Turbo S on order – and I am not going with the Burmeister again – and I am not worried I'm making a mistake.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Oh, and Apple Music lossless music codec sounds so much better than the way Spotify seems to encode its music. Let me put it this way – if you do go with Burmeister – because you value sound quality that much – you'll need to move away from Spotify as part of a rational desire to chase down the best sound quality.

But you won't – so don't chase down such an expensive option and feed it sub-par audio files!

Spotify have been talking about releasing higher-quality audio files – but it hasn't been seen yet. They said they were going to charge a slightly higher subscription cost for that tier but with Apple releasing their lossless option at no additional cost – I suspect that has impacted the business plan.

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Oh, and Apple Music lossless music codec sounds so much better than the way Spotify seems to encode its music. Let me put it this way – if you do go with Burmeister – because you value sound quality that much – you'll need to move away from Spotify as part of a rational desire to chase down the best sound quality.

But you won't – so don't chase down such an expensive option and feed it sub-par audio files!

Spotify have been talking about releasing higher-quality audio files – but it hasn't been seen yet. They said they were going to charge a slightly higher subscription cost for that tier but with Apple releasing their lossless option at no additional cost – I suspect that has impacted the business plan.
This is super helpful! Thanks very much! I’m not married to Spotify so would definitely consider other options.

bergs

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan RWD, '20 Cayenne, '18 Model 3
Country flag
spotify is quite bad if you do a back-to-back with tidal or apple music. whether is the bose in taycan, some decent headphones on an iphone, or whatever. i have the bose on my taycan (dealer build) but will likely be getting burmester on my next. but also will not be using wireless that much

Terra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many
Country flag
I’ll admit I’m not a sophisticated music listener, I’m very uncomplicated and all I use is Spotify on my Apple CarPlay. That said, I still want a really good sound system in my car. I had Bose in my 2018 Macan and I was really disappointed with it. I’ve read many threads that Burmester is overpriced and Bose is plenty fine but I’d like to know from those who just listen to music through an app on CarPlay. Also aesthetically Im getting Neodyme accents and prefer the neodyme speakers of Burmester, but that alone isn’t enough to justify $5800! Thoughts!?
The BOSE system in the Taycan was designed/engineered specifically for this car..

https://automotive.bose.com/vehicles/porsche/taycan

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Bose. It's a no-brainer. The Bose in the Taycan is really good. Use the $5800 to take your significant other to Le Bristol in Paris.

Reactions: B61

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
Don’t forget beside the price also compare the delivery dates. Its a huge difference (maybe a year difference)

• Wow

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
I’ve read many threads that Burmester is overpriced and Bose is plenty fine
I have the Burmester system in my Taycan and wouldn't order it again. To me it's not worth the money. Next time I will go with the BOSE system. For sure there is a sound quality difference but it's not worth the premium. I had Apple Music for 9 month and I am now back to spotify. Same here. Apple Music is nice but spotify is more than sufficient for me. But in the end it's all personal preference.

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
I've the Burmester in my 4S (and the neodyme to match the look)

Is the Burmester nicer than the Bose? yes

Is it 5800 usd nicer? Depends. If you have put all the options you want, the ones that you may want and you still have 6k to spare, go for it. Otherwise put your money elsewhere like RWS you ll be happier.
Sponsored