Burmester or Bose if all I use is Spotify via CarPlay?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The cable isn’t making the difference.

Potentially true for analogue cables or if the digital cables aren’t up to the job?
Yes I could understand speaker cables from an amplifier. Analogue signals but digital NO!
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Yes I could understand speaker cables from an amplifier. Analogue signals but digital NO!
As long as the speaker cables are properly engineered, ie of adequate gauge to carry the current and low enough capacitance and inductance not to cause the output stage of a marginal amplifier design from oscillating, there is no way they can influence the sound (other than placebo etc.)
There are plenty of audiophiles convinced they do though so they are easily separated from their cash.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
As long as the speaker cables are properly engineered, ie of adequate gauge to carry the current and low enough capacitance and inductance not to cause the output stage of a marginal amplifier design from oscillating, there is no way they can influence the sound (other than placebo etc.)
There are plenty of audiophiles convinced they do though so they are easily separated from their cash.
Yes that is a world of its own! And if you have all the cash and feel good about it, fair enough.

I would certainly at my age hear zilch of a difference.

I know you love your music and I was in an Audio store in Stockholm and saw these beauties!
Porsche Taycan Burmester or Bose if all I use is Spotify via CarPlay? 341D3F9E-4C73-444C-8FE1-D9DA73AD645A

And the price was about the same as a Taycan GTS.

EACH!!!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Yes that is a world of its own! And if you have all the cash and feel good about it, fair enough.

I know you love your music and I was in an Audio store in Stockholm and saw these beauties!
341D3F9E-4C73-444C-8FE1-D9DA73AD645A.jpeg

And the price was about the same as a Taycan GTS.EACH!!!
That soon adds up if you want a 7.4.2 home cinema system…
🤪

Bao1303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4S, BMW X5 45e, various bikes
Country flag
I specced the Burmester, whilst a huge improvement over the Bose, it is definitely not HiFi. Have tried BT, Android Auto (wifi) and disc with high res. No problem noticing the improvement in quality between the 3 in that order, however thats at standstill. On the move I can hardly discern any difference other than dynamics are worse with BT. Actually surprised that listening through wifi isnt a better improvement over BT than what I noticed but have read on other forums that Android Auto is no good, no idea why. Anyhow would be very interested in feedback on how carplay fares vs. AA in terms of sound quality

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

341D3F9E-4C73-444C-8FE1-D9DA73AD645A.jpeg

And the price was about the same as a Taycan GTS.

EACH!!!
I am familiar with those, a difficult amp load as well, and unconventional dispersion characteristic so bring a lot more listening room acoustics into play than usual. I rather like them.

I’m enjoying an old (1961) recording of Rachmaninov on my stereo as I type,
I’m afraid my speakers cost a lot more than my Taycan too…

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That soon adds up if you want a 7.4.2 home cinema system…
🤪
Quite so! :oops:
Having collected thousands of recordings over the last almost 60 years now and almost all being stereo, some mono but only a few multi channel I decided against going for multi channel at any serious level, just a quality centre speaker for dialog on the few occasions I watch a film.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Analogue signals but digital NO!
But this €4000/meter digital connector has specially constructed neural oxo-meters that help sharpen the edges of the digital sawtooth signal – thereby reducing the load on the DAC error correcting circuits resulting in a truly magnificent warmer sound.

When listening to Dardanus (1614 version) the midtones of the traverso flute are so much more stable and enjoyable to listen to.

Am I doing this right?

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Quite so! :oops:
Having collected thousands of recordings over the last almost 60 years now and almost all being stereo, some mono but only a few multi channel I decided against going for multi channel at any serious level, just a quality centre speaker for dialog on the few occasions I watch a film.
Love it you did you have Grundig 4 track recorder as well ?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Love it you did you have Grundig 4 track recorder as well ?
No.
I made a lot of my own recordings from the mid 1960s, first on a mono valve tape recorder, moving up eventually to a Revox B77 which I still have, then DAT with a StellaDAT (digital was immediately much more accurate than reel to reel tape, the output indistinguishable from the microphone feed :)) then Metric Halo digital recorders which are brilliant but tediously complex to use.
I have actually stopped now.

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@f1eng Recalling this thread, I've been watching out for Apple Music Classic being released and it's finally here:

https://www.macrumors.com/2023/03/28/apple-music-classical-now-available/
Thanks for this, I have tried it using my son's account and it is much, much more suited to what I need than any other streaming service.
My problem now is that I have never activated or used Siri on any device and to use this with carplay requires me to do so before the Taycan will enable carplay.
Since it is with apple music maybe a direct connection is feasible but that requires me to have an apple music subscription of my own, I expect, and I only have Qobuz at the moment.

Anybody know why Siri must be enabled for carplay on the Taycan, every time I have tried voice activation I have hated it - I am old.
It has been available on the cars I have owned since 2005 and tried a couple of times with irritatingly unintuitive results...

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Thanks for this, I have tried it using my son's account and it is much, much more suited to what I need than any other streaming service.
My problem now is that I have never activated or used Siri on any device and to use this with carplay requires me to do so before the Taycan will enable carplay.
Since it is with apple music maybe a direct connection is feasible but that requires me to have an apple music subscription of my own, I expect, and I only have Qobuz at the moment.

Anybody know why Siri must be enabled for carplay on the Taycan, every time I have tried voice activation I have hated it - I am old.
It has been available on the cars I have owned since 2005 and tried a couple of times with irritatingly unintuitive results...
@f1eng You are welcome. As to why Siri must be enabled, I assume it's because the CarPlay user experience assumes that hands free operation is important. Even though you must enable it, you aren't obligated to use it. In the case of Siri, you invoke the assistant with the utterance "Hey Siri". You can just choose not to do that - there's not much downside to having it 'active'. You can still manually interact with the CarPlay interface to play music etc. while driving. Within your iPhone settings for Siri, you can disable "Listen for Hey Siri", which which limits Siri activation to a long press of the power or home button (depending on iPhone model) on the device, or the voice assistant button on the steering wheel, depending on the car.
Sponsored