Burmester vs. Bose

Guards Red Car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2021 Macan S, 2024 Boxster S
Country flag
For my Boxster and 911's, I have always upgraded for the (mid level) BOSE Option and have been disappointed with the sound quality - However, the engine music was more important than the tunes

My sales associate strongly suggests the Insulated Glass in that the Road Noise is now a factor in this silent drivetrain wonder

Hence, I now believe that for this car, the best sound system available is actually the right call

Can anyone weigh in on their experience with the Burmester sound system for the Taycan ?
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the Bose in my Taycan and I can say it is much better than the Bose of my previous Macan. It is not just that the car is more quiet, it is the sound system itself is much better and I am happy with it.
You can probably try a Bose in your dealer's demo Taycan and see if you like it.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I tried the Bose and Burmester in two cars at the dealer using standard and FLAC files, classical, jazz and rock. The Bose in the Taycan is the best Bose I've ever heard. The Burmester is a level above that. If you really appreciate high res, high quality music, I would definitely get the Burmester and burn your favorites into a flash drive that you keep in the console. It works great, and you can setup and choose whatever folders you want - Rock, Rock Mix 1, Jazz, Jazz Mix 1 etc. If you're not playing high res files, I would probably stick with the Bose.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
I tested both and Bose still sucked while Burmester was passable. I wasn't about to pay Burmester prices for merely passable though. I wrote a more nuanced review in another thread on this topic.

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I tested both and Bose still sucked while Burmester was passable. I wasn't about to pay Burmester prices for merely passable though. I wrote a more nuanced review in another thread on this topic.
What would you consider to be good for a factory installed audio system in a car?

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Burmester is the best car audio system I have ever heard. Bose is nowhere close
I have listened to both and believe that Bose has improved. For the price, I didn't think the upgrade to Burmester was worth it. As the dealer said, most people don't listen to music loud enough for a long time to justify the cost. I hated my Bose in my 991 but I do think it has improved in the Taycan. Save the money and spend it on other goodies.

Burak

First Name
Burak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I regret getting Bose, burmester is a must if you love listening music

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
What would you consider to be good for a factory installed audio system in a car?
B&W Diamond on BMWs. Although I'm biased because that's also my home system, I don't know if anyone could say it's worse and it's half the price of Burmester.

Sunny

First Name
Wong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've got Burmester system. When you turn it on loud enough, it just transform your interior into another dimension. What you feel is separation from the outside world , thats really gorgeous. However, the PCM can only read 24bit files but not.DSD

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I've got Burmester system. When you turn it on loud enough, it just transform your interior into another dimension. What you feel is separation from the outside world , thats really gorgeous. However, the PCM can only read 24bit files but not.DSD
So no point in USB Drive with FLAC burnt into it? Help!

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
The person was saying DSD is not supported. FLAC is not DSD. If you have to ask, you don't use DSD. So "burn" away.
I use FLAC files on a USB with my Burmeister without issue
Thanks so much for the advice UKTIVO, I'll see if I can do it too. Something I have no experience of.
Sponsored