Buy/Finance vs. Lease - Pros & Cons

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Not an expert but don’t you get 100% capital allowance in Yr1 (UK) on purchase and zero benefit in kind NI - is that worth exploring?
Accountant says 100% corporation tax allowance on 0 emission cars for every year on PCP. Benefit in Kind for 2020-21 is 0%, but I will get my car in June 21 (next financial year), so it will go up to 1% for 2021-22, and then to 2% until 2025.
Sponsored

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm going to be picking up my 2021 4S in about a month, still trying to decide lease vs. purchase; does anyone know how the $1500 ($1,500 Clean Fuel Reward) and $7,500 federal credit factor into a potential end-of-lease purchase? I believe both are used as cap cost reduction for a lease. So far, I'm leaning toward leasing and then buying if I really love it and there's nothing else out at that time that's more compelling, but I want to make sure I don't lose the $9,000 in current incentives that were applied against the lease. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I'm going to be picking up my 2021 4S in about a month, still trying to decide lease vs. purchase; does anyone know how the $1500 ($1,500 Clean Fuel Reward) and $7,500 federal credit factor into a potential end-of-lease purchase? I believe both are used as cap cost reduction for a lease. So far, I'm leaning toward leasing and then buying if I really love it and there's nothing else out at that time that's more compelling, but I want to make sure I don't lose the $9,000 in current incentives that were applied against the lease. Thanks!
Both are applied as cap reduction

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I’ve never really heard of this money factor. Can some kindly explain?