HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
No buyer's remorse here... except that I should have ordered at least the Bose system.

Regarding innodrive: It is an interesting toy, but IMHO has so many quirks that it isn't really ready for prime time.
Sponsored

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That is why I opted for ACC. Once InnoDrive is available here, I will go back to my dealer and ask, if I can add it.
On many Porsche models features are merely a sw upgrade which you pay for. For example, upgrading from Sport to Sport + is nothing more than a sw upgrade, which I did on the Macan I once owned. Same for Power Steering Plus. If you don’t spec PSP when you order Porsche model XYZ, visit your friendly dealer, plunk down some cash, and drive home with a different steering feel. Don’t know if Innodrive falls in this category or not. Certainly you would need to already have ACC.

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I do have buyers remorse. It is a cool car, but it has so many bugs, quirks, and poor design decisions. If you’re inclined, just skip it until v2.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I do have buyers remorse. It is a cool car, but it has so many bugs, quirks, and poor design decisions. If you’re inclined, just skip it until v2.
It's going to have bugs & quirks well through V2. It's a Porsche. The 992 is buggy. The 991.2 is buggy. The 2017+ Panamera system is buggy. The 2015-2016 Macan system is barely functional. If you're concerned about software, Mercedes & Audi are better choices.

Poor design decisions? I've heard many nitpicks about the Taycan but that's a new one. What design elements do you not like?

OP
OP

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
What bugs, quirks and poor design issues have you found?

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow! Of all the googling I’ve done, that’s the first time I’ve heard anyone say that! Sorry to hear you feel that way.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
It is a cool car, but it has so many bugs, quirks, and poor design decisions.
Curious - what are the worst bugs, in your opinion?

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
While it's always annoying to find, well, annoyances, I wouldn't call any of the Taycan's problems showstoppers. Every car has quirks--at least, every car I've ever owned.

The Taycan gets way more right than wrong, and the small number of "wrong" things are pretty inconsequential, overall.

14/10, would buy again. ;)

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Curious - what are the worst bugs, in your opinion?
100% of the things I dislike have been discussed elsewhere, so I think they just bother me more. I am a little butthurt right now though because a day trip was ruined by my car not charging overnight on Saturday. I figured out the issue, but it was stupid and should have worked. Anyhow, in no particular order, the worst things to me are ...

- Innodrive beeping at me every 3 min to take control of the car. Look, the road is straight, I have control of the car. I shouldn’t need to jiggle the steering wheel for you. Also, the way it automatically changes speed for changes in speed limit is actually dangerous in my opinion ... too quick, could actually cause someone tailgating you to run into you (and there are a lot of drivers running near you trying to get a better look at the car!)

- regen braking and e-sport sound are always off

- PCM sometimes dark, sometimes thinks I’m a guest, sometimes doesnt want to respond to button pushes. When it does work, it still is pretty bad.

- the rear view camera is literally the worst it could be, though surround view is nice and alleviates the issue some

- charging is too byzantine, some features only on the app is pretty terrible. Needs to be plug and play with advanced options opt-in.

Depending on how you look at the Innodrive issue, none of these relate to how the car looks or drives. Some of my gripes probably sound stupid or petty. I just think it should be better for the price.

Edited to Add: 'Buyers Remorse' is way too strong for my actual feelings on the car. I'm not sitting around feeling sorry for myself having bought it.

Last edited:

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
- the rear view camera is literally the worst it could be, though surround view is nice and alleviates the issue some
+1,000 on that. To me it is by far the worst part of the Taycan experience. The distortion is so profound that I find the camera completely unusable - I have the sensation everything surrounding is converging on the car and obstacles are inches away only. I also use only the surround view, and actually frequently back out with my head turned and not looking at the camera at all.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I'm getting a little nervous. My Covid delayed Taycan is currently in production with a Sept due date. (by then it will be a "last year's model") I had a really bad experience with my dealer (previous post) and although I got some of the issues resolved I am not getting the exact car that I think I want. When I did a quick Cars.com search today there were over 700 Taycan listed for sale and some were offering discounts! Is this car going to be a dud? I'm just not as excited as I should be for spending this much money. I've considered getting a new 911 instead. I even thought about getting a Tesla, but they have gotten so common/boring. I've had nothing but Porsches for 30 years. Any thoughts?
I am a first-time Porsche buyer. My dealer beyond sucks. The car itself, though it has some quirks, is a really great car (see my recent 1 month review). If you're near any of the 700 for sale (I guaranty you that's not a real in-stock number given production delays), I'd suggest a test drive. If not, it's worth a couple of hundred dollars to go to a dealer who actually has models to test drive (whether by plane or driving), as the Taycan is not an insignificant price.

My car is far from a dud, and I'm very happy despite my not getting the wheels I wanted. If you are not getting major things you want, I would imagine your build is not yet locked, and you can change it. If it is, however, only you can decide how important those missing items are to you.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag
100% of the things I dislike have been discussed elsewhere, so I think they just bother me more. I am a little butthurt right now though because a day trip was ruined by my car not charging overnight on Saturday. I figured out the issue, but it was stupid and should have worked. Anyhow, in no particular order, the worst things to me are ...

- Innodrive beeping at me every 3 min to take control of the car. Look, the road is straight, I have control of the car. I shouldn’t need to jiggle the steering wheel for you. Also, the way it automatically changes speed for changes in speed limit is actually dangerous in my opinion ... too quick, could actually cause someone tailgating you to run into you (and there are a lot of drivers running near you trying to get a better look at the car!)

- regen braking and e-sport sound are always off

- PCM sometimes dark, sometimes thinks I’m a guest, sometimes doesnt want to respond to button pushes. When it does work, it still is pretty bad.

- charging is too byzantine, some features only on the app is pretty terrible. Needs to be plug and play with advanced options opt-in.

Depending on how you look at the Innodrive issue, none of these relate to how the car looks or drives. Some of my gripes probably sound stupid or petty. I just think it should be better for the price.

Edited to Add: 'Buyers Remorse' is way too strong for my actual feelings on the car. I'm not sitting around feeling sorry for myself having bought it.
Everything there sounds like a legit gripe to me but with repsect to the every 3 min hands on steering wheel ... isn't it that way for tesla's or any other car that has this feature? Were you actually expecting something different?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Everything there sounds like a legit gripe to me but with repsect to the every 3 min hands on steering wheel ... isn't it that way for tesla's or any other car that has this feature? Were you actually expecting something different?
Agreed. Volvo does the same thing. This was pretty much a mandatory nag after people sleeping in their Teslas were spotted on freeways.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It can be. Just get a different charger installed, I recommend ClipperCreek, and charging becomes plug and play.

With something like ClipperCreek you just plug it in to charge and remove it to stop.

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
,2020 Taycan rurbo, 2018 GT3 1997 911 C4S, 1996 911 TT, 2008 911 GT2,1989 Speedster, 1994 3.6
Country flag
I'm getting a little nervous. My Covid delayed Taycan is currently in production with a Sept due date. (by then it will be a "last year's model") I had a really bad experience with my dealer (previous post) and although I got some of the issues resolved I am not getting the exact car that I think I want. When I did a quick Cars.com search today there were over 700 Taycan listed for sale and some were offering discounts! Is this car going to be a dud? I'm just not as excited as I should be for spending this much money. I've considered getting a new 911 instead. I even thought about getting a Tesla, but they have gotten so common/boring. I've had nothing but Porsches for 30 years. Any thoughts?
You won’t regret it the car is fantastic, mind blowing, additionally all the bugs will be worked out once you take delivery. Trust me I have owned over 20 different 911’s this is a game changer and yes get the innodrive it’s very cool and worth it.
Sponsored