captainlk

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Does anyone have experience with both the 20s and 21s and can comment on the cabin noise?

The Mission E wheels looks fabulous but I would also like a relatively quiet cabin at motorway speeds.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Does anyone have experience with both the 20s and 21s and can comment on the cabin noise?

The Mission E wheels looks fabulous but I would also like a relatively quiet cabin at motorway speeds.
I've driven both and IMHO no discernable difference at motorway speeds. The car is already quiet and sound-proofed accordingly given it is an EV. I have 20" and driven a Turbo, Turbo S and CT 4S with 21s and couldn't detect a discernable audible difference. Air suspension helps a lot here too.

The optimum is to add noise insulating glass (I've not done that).

I had 21s on my Cayenne and didn't like the ride (even with air) and 21s on my Pana ST (with air and a sublime ride). Taycan rides better and quieter by a country mile.

In summary, you won't really notice a difference in noise, sound proofing in the car is great and you can go the extra mile by insulating the glass. One thing to note is the reparability of the MIssion E wheels after kerbing - I've heard it can be difficult.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I have 21" CT design and I'm replacing tomorrow with 20" (winter tyres)... but as @W1NGE said, I'm not expecting some serious difference (even without any music).

Ll312

First Name
LL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, S7, Q8
Country flag
As said before, tires are more likely to make a difference than the rim itself. Fwiw, I have not noticed a difference between my 21” Wheel/tire combo and my 20” winter setup.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Winter vs Summer tires slightly increase the noise, but I didn't notice any significant difference between test driving 21s and my 20s.

If you get the Insulated Glass I don't think you'll notice a difference even from summers to winters, one option I wish I had gotten.

Car is still super quiet without insulated glass but the ones I've been in with it are just bank vaults.

Reactions: B61

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Probably depends more on what tires you're running. Fewer choices for 21" as of this time.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Quick report: changed 21” summer to winter tyres on 20” wheels … first thought: same level of noise.
I was trying to hear the difference, but I think it’s the same.…then I turned car play on.
afterall, i didn’t buy bose to have it off :rock:
Sponsored