Cable length on Porsche mobile charger plus

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The length of the cable with the J-1772 plug that came with the Porsche mobile charger plus is 15 feet (4.6 m). This EVSE is standard equipment in US. It is not the mobile charger connect, which is an option in US.

Posting here because I saw conflicting info about this unit's cable length.

It came with two supply cables: one with NEMA 14-50 plug, and one with standard 120v plug (NEMA 5-15).

Plenty of cable length to serve as a backup (or main) EVSE in my garage.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The length of the cable with the J-1772 plug that came with the Porsche mobile charger plus is 15 feet (4.6 m). This EVSE is standard equipment in US. It is not the mobile charger connect, which is an option in US.

Posting here because I saw conflicting info about this unit's cable length.

It came with two supply cables: one with NEMA 14-50 plug, and one with standard 120v plug (NEMA 5-15).

Plenty of cable length to serve as a backup (or main) EVSE in my garage.
There are two cable lengths to connect your EVSE to your car - std is the one you have but you can order the 7m (23' one).

All Porsche EVSEs come with 2 supply cables - standard home plug connection and NEMA / equivalent.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
There are two cable lengths to connect your EVSE to your car - std is the one you have but you can order the 7m (23' one).
No, the PMC+ (at least the US version) only has one vehicle cable length.

The PMCC has two different vehicle cable lengths.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PMC+ Manual:
Porsche Taycan Cable length on Porsche mobile charger plus 412FBC5D-52B9-4041-B6CD-04BC4EFF6D25

PMCC Manual:
Porsche Taycan Cable length on Porsche mobile charger plus BF71D9BD-2B70-4EEC-98C5-025F7C5BB818

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Conflicting info online about cable lengths is why I posted in OP what I actually received with the Porsche Mobile Charger Plus that came as standard equipment with my USA Taycan.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Conflicting info online about cable lengths is why I posted in OP what I actually received with the Porsche Mobile Charger Plus that came as standard equipment with my USA Taycan.
…and then the very first reply continues the misinformation campaign….?
Can’t win.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
…and then the very first reply continues the misinformation campaign….?
Can’t win.
Clearly some folk are on a mission to pick fault first before doing their homework but here's something taken direct from the Canadian Porsche website which confirms 2 cables. Now maybe I'm not reading this correctly but I do see 2 supply cables listed.

Porsche Taycan Cable length on Porsche mobile charger plus 1639728563523

Porsche Taycan Cable length on Porsche mobile charger plus 1639729429140

Where B will be the relevant supply cable for a given region (2 & 4 in this case):

Porsche Taycan Cable length on Porsche mobile charger plus 1639729516420

Whilst I'm here, the standard cable (as I originally posted) for the PMC+ is 4.5m. Optionally, you can source a longer cable however the challenge is that on the Porsche configurator it insists that you first select the PMCC implying that the one Porsche will charge you for is only compatible with that particular EVSE.

I don't believe however that this precludes sourcing a longer cable of an appropriate length and rating given that the standard cable may simply not be long enough for a particular use case.

Suncoast Porsche (for North America) will sell you either an 8.2' or 24.6' EVSE to car cable which will be compatible with either of PMC+ or PMCC -

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/skutaycab.html

How limiting and narrow minded of Porsche if that were not the case?

Clear?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Clearly some folk are on a mission to pick fault first before doing their homework but here's something taken direct from the Canadian Porsche website which confirms 2 cables. Now maybe I'm not reading this correctly but I do see 2 supply cables listed.
Both NEMA 50A cables and neither a “standard home plug” which I would interpret as the 5-15. Also was not the case a few months ago as per my screen shot in my link that showed only one cable. So, for at least some time, it only came with one cable. I was also careful to qualify my confidence in my statement with “I believe” rather than stating it as outright fact.
Whilst I'm here, the standard cable (as I originally posted) for the PMC+ is 4.5m. Optionally, you can source a longer cable however the challenge is that on the Porsche configurator it insists that you first select the PMCC implying that the one Porsche will charge you for is only compatible with that particular EVSE.

I don't believe however that this precludes sourcing a longer cable of an appropriate length and rating given that the standard cable may simply not be long enough for a particular use case.

Suncoast Porsche (for North America) will sell you either an 8.2' or 24.6' EVSE to car cable which will be compatible with either of PMC+ or PMCC -

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/skutaycab.html

How limiting and narrow minded of Porsche if that were not the case?
I posted screen shots of the specs from the manuals that showed this is not the case. I don’t understand why you’re still arguing the point. I’ll be home tonight and can look at my PMC+ to check/confirm if it will not accept the cable you posted from SunCoast.
I’m clear. You on the other hand…?

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the PMC+/PMCC share cable connectors - on both ends (from the wall to the charger) & (from the charger to the vehicle)

so technically you can get a 25ft cable for the PMC+

but at $585 from Suncoast I’d recommend considering a replacement EVSE like the Mustart or Tesla UMC Gen2 for less money than a simple cable.

if you want a 25ft cable for charging your EV there are less pricey, higher quality options if you look outside the Porsche eco-system.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
the PMC+/PMCC share cable connectors - on both ends (from the wall to the charger) & (from the charger to the vehicle)

but at $585 from Suncoast I’d recommend considering a replacement EVSE like the Mustart or Tesla UMC Gen2 for less money than a simple cable.

if you want a 25ft cable for charging your EV there are less pricey, higher quality options if you look outside the Porsche eco-system.
Indeed - don't think that was ever in doubt ;-)

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Indeed - don't think that was ever in doubt ;-)
PMC+ below. Are we able to confirm whether this is the same vehicle cable connector as the PMCC as claimed?

Porsche Taycan Cable length on Porsche mobile charger plus F2B3766D-8776-4290-912B-3DE0C6DBC2F6

Porsche Taycan Cable length on Porsche mobile charger plus 16CF15DD-4E29-47FF-852A-27921FFD3CAF

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
same ”supply cable” (from the wall plug to the EVSE) - but your PMC+ has a different “fixed” vehicle cable - my PMC+ has the same modular cable that comes with the PMCC…

pictures soon when my wife returns with the car…

so it appears there are at least two versions of the PMC+ - so beware when purchasing the charger to vehicle cable - some PMC+ may not have the “modular” vehicle cable…

more investigation is required…

however at $500 or more - I’d still suggest simply purchasing a separate EVSE w/25 ft cable for less money that what Porsche charges for the 25ft cable…

thanks to @Jhenson29 for posting a picture of his PMC+ - never seen that model.

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My PMC+ - received with 2022 Taycan delivered in Dec. 2021 - has J-1772 connector cable to EVSE body identical to @Jhenson29 photo above. No ability to switch that 14+ foot cable. The two one-foot-long supply cables can be switched. I read somewhere online about "Gen 2" PMC+, implying that there was an earlier version.
My point is: if you want to use PMC+ connected to a receptable, the cable with the J-1772 cable is almost 15 feet long (at least for USA version).
Sponsored