Mystery Taycan

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Targa 911s - Tesla Ms - Tesla M3
Country flag
Is it just me ? but those cams are not the best - why can we just not have a normal view instead of curved in or out views or do i miss something?
Sponsored

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
You can change point of view from curved to normal.

(But no, cams aren't "state of the art".).

I'd wish I could "zoom out" on Heli view as well, but can't. (Other brands have much better systems in place. Almost like P focused more on... driving tech...)

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag

I'd wish I could "zoom out" on Heli view as well, but can't. (Other brands have much better systems in place. Almost like P focused more on... driving tech...)
How do you change the point of view from curved to normal? Thanks

DubaiEye

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Website
volt.ae
Vehicles
21Taycan TS,AC Cobra,Tesla X,Tesla 3,Zoe,Fiat 500e
Country flag

i agree

Lowpue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 912, 1995 911, 2000 911, 2001 Boxster, 2002 911 4S, 2014 TurboS, 2015 Huracan, TTS ordered
Country flag
You are right....the distortion is so bad.....everything looks so big on the sides when I back up. Makes it hard to rely on camera....if there is a way to have a more normal view....let us know how.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Quite disagree. Views are very good and suit me very fine thank you. No problems at all relying on the cameras to park here. Especially the fro t and back cerb vieuws are very, very good. Works perfectly.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve seen a lot of posts asking to change the view form curved to normal. Am I the only one who has normal as the default? I think that is how it is meant to work, with the curved (fisheye) being an option if you are at a tight junction and want to see around corners, which is quite useful. I haven’t changed any settings so not sure why my default is the normal view but I like it that way. If that is the default on my view, I’d imagine there’s a setting somewhere to default to the view you want and mine was inadvertently set to normal before delivery.

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’ve seen a lot of posts asking to change the view form curved to normal. Am I the only one who has normal as the default? I think that is how it is meant to work, with the curved (fisheye) being an option if you are at a tight junction and want to see around corners, which is quite useful. I haven’t changed any settings so not sure why my default is the normal view but I like it that way. If that is the default on my view, I’d imagine there’s a setting somewhere to default to the view you want and mine was inadvertently set to normal before delivery.
I’ve tried and tried but have been unable to figure out where to set this. If you have time to figure it out and tag me @Doc B please do—- really curious. I’d LOVE for default to be Normal not Fisheye/Curved. I’d frankly also prefer the on-screen arrangement be flipped (right now the 360 view is closer to my eyes/steering wheel; and the backups camera further; would prefer to swap)

Either way, if you can figure out how you did that (set Normal = default) PLEASE share if you know!! :p

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve tried and tried but have been unable to figure out where to set this. If you have time to figure it out and tag me @Doc B please do—- really curious. I’d LOVE for default to be Normal not Fisheye/Curved. I’d frankly also prefer the on-screen arrangement be flipped (right now the 360 view is closer to my eyes/steering wheel; and the backups camera further; would prefer to swap)

Either way, if you can figure out how you did that (set Normal = default) PLEASE share if you know!! :p
No worries, I'll take a look, but I didn't proactively do anything - the car has had the normal view as the default since delivery. I would've thought that's the way it's meant to be since the fisheye in only for looking around corners.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Found this in the “Good to know” manual.

is this what you mean? Touch the screen on the camera icon?

Activating Surround View
Automatically

ParkAssist is active.
Manually

1. Porsche Taycan Camera and helicopter view 1610902225482
    Assistance ParkAssist
  2. Select the desired view.
The symbol for the active view is highlighted in blue.

Symbol

Meaning
Porsche Taycan Camera and helicopter view 1610902225582
Parking
Switch view by touching the front or rear camera symbol.
Porsche Taycan Camera and helicopter view 1610902225700
Panorama
Switch the view by touching the front or rear camera symbol.
Porsche Taycan Camera and helicopter view 1610902225816
Side
Porsche Taycan Camera and helicopter view 1610902225918
3D view
  • Switch the perspective by touching one of the side camera symbols.
  • Select the all-round view by touching the camera symbol at the bottom of the screen and by turning the perspective 360° by swiping the camera image.
Porsche Taycan Camera and helicopter view 1610902225991
Clean the reversing camera.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Found this in the “Good to know” manual.

is this what you mean? Touch the screen on the camera icon?

Activating Surround View
Automatically

ParkAssist is active.
Manually

1. 1610902225482.png
    Assistance ParkAssist
  2. Select the desired view.
The symbol for the active view is highlighted in blue.

Symbol

Meaning
1610902225582.png
Parking
Switch view by touching the front or rear camera symbol.
1610902225700.png
Panorama
1610902225816.png
Side
1610902225918.png
3D view
  • Switch the perspective by touching one of the side camera symbols.
  • Select the all-round view by touching the camera symbol at the bottom of the screen and by turning the perspective 360° by swiping the camera image.
1610902225991.png
Clean the reversing camera.
Thanks, but I think the question is how to make the "normal" reverse view the default, rather than having to press the button to change fisheye to normal. On my car, both the from and reverse cameras default to normal, but based upon Gubbjaevel's original pictures (and what a lot of people on this forum have said), it seems for many cars, the default is the fisheye view. I can't for the life of me see where in the PCM you can change the default, so I think I am just "lucky" if that is the right word that my default is what it is. Honestly, so much of the Taycan is random. Almost beginning to be one of the things I love about it (almost).

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
I thank the OP wanted to know how to change the reverses view NOT the front view. Front view is quite ok I think and needed at many Ionity chargers
It's the same button...

EDIT: Wait he's missing buttons in that screenshot.
EDIT2: Wait again. There is a button to undo the stretchy-ness on any camera, but you'll lose the lines. Works for both front- and rear camera.

Porsche Taycan Camera and helicopter view 1611167982457
Sponsored