Can’t see what power going to front or rear?

OHB92

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 93kw
Country flag
Hey all,

Collected my new Taycan 4s 93kw on Saturday just gone and couldn’t be happier.
I’ve borrowed a Taycan from my local dealership before and on one of the dials I remember seeing the option to see how much power is going through the front and rear tyres of the car. However on my car I cannot see it anywhere? Is this some additional option I missed?

thanks
Sponsored

sakkaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S & BMW 530e
Country flag
Hey all,

Collected my new Taycan 4s 93kw on Saturday just gone and couldn’t be happier.
I’ve borrowed a Taycan from my local dealership before and on one of the dials I remember seeing the option to see how much power is going through the front and rear tyres of the car. However on my car I cannot see it anywhere? Is this some additional option I missed?

thanks
On the steering wheel, your right thumb controls what's on your dashboard. The scroll wheel controls one of the bubbles on the dashboard and the big button next to the scroll wheel changes the bubble you are controlling. By switching circles on the dashboard, you can have different things being displayed on the dashboard (not just efficiency and car status).

OP
OP

OHB92

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 93kw
Country flag
On the steering wheel, your right thumb controls what's on your dashboard. The scroll wheel controls one of the bubbles on the dashboard and the big button next to the scroll wheel changes the bubble you are controlling. By switching circles on the dashboard, you can have different things being displayed on the dashboard (not just efficiency and car status).
Thanks, i do already know this and feel like i’ve been through every option on the dials and even their sub menus.

does anyone have a 4s in the uk that can film how they get there?
I can upload a photo of my dials if easier?

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
It’s in the left hand dial / tube and pretty sure it’s all All Wheel Drive or something like that.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks, i do already know this and feel like i’ve been through every option on the dials and even their sub menus.

does anyone have a 4s in the uk that can film how they get there?
I can upload a photo of my dials if easier?
Download the Porsche Good to Know App and it will talk you through the steps and all configurations.

The first step is to select which of the 3 dials (tubes) you want to configure (Power Meter is in the centre tube, All-Wheel Drive is on the left tube). There will be an orange marking around the bottom of the tube denoting which tube is active.

To select a specific tube use the right hand button (H) on the steering wheel and press left or right (follow the orange indicator). When tube selected then simply scroll the right hand thumb wheel (F) on the steering wheel

Make sure you have all options to be displayed available to you so first check (PCM - Settings - Displays - Instrument Cluster) and select any / all as needed.

Porsche Taycan Can’t see what power going to front or rear? 1638174026515

Porsche Taycan Can’t see what power going to front or rear? 1638174845363

Porsche Taycan Can’t see what power going to front or rear? 1638175067009

Last edited:

OP
OP

OHB92

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 93kw
Country flag
Thank you for the above I have checked the app actually as well. When I’ve gone into instrument cluster seven out of seven options for me Are ticked and all wheel is not there at all

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thank you for the above I have checked the app actually as well. When I’ve gone into instrument cluster seven out of seven options for me Are ticked and all wheel is not there at all
Silly question..so apologies in advance...you do have a 4S (or higher) and not a RWD - that would be the only reason why you wouldn't get the AWD displayed?

Review the video for the instrument cluster on the PGTK App.

What options do you have listed for tube 1?

Sometimes it takes a brief moment for the the scrollable list to be displayed.

At a minimum you should have at least 11 options to display in total (excluding things like Night View Assist, PDCC, Sport Chrono - depends which options you have on the car).

Porsche Taycan Can’t see what power going to front or rear? 1638176416110

OP
OP

OHB92

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 93kw
Country flag
thanks for the reply.

Yes I have a 4S brand new as of Friday last week. Not sure why I am only seeing 7/7 options ticked and available.

I will send a picture shortly!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Can you send over your Porsche Code so I can see the spec as this will determine some of the 'missing' ones?
Ok so this is very weird. I checked my own car (I don't have Sports Chrono) and I have 6/6 enabled - All Wheel being one of them.

It almost feels like something hasn't been enabled either at PDI (Dealer) or before leaving the factory (or the car thinks it is a Taycan RWD and not a 4S.

Annoying - but ask the dealer.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I see from the pictures that your PCM refelects the revised version folks have been speaking about with the 5 shortcut icons rather than 3. I take this to mean that your car is a MY 2022?

Perhaps the All-Wheel indicator was removed from the updated PCM? I can’t think of any reason why they would have done that. Is your Good to Know app updated for MY 2022 yet and, if so, are those screen shots above from the 2022 version (i.e., does the 2022 Good to Know app reference All-Wheel in the instrument cluster)? In my Good to Know app I don’t see an option to download the MY 2022 manual. Does your actual Good to Know manual booklet in the car reference this? So weird they would have removed this.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I see from the pictures that your PCM refelects the revised version folks have been speaking about with the 5 shortcut icons rather than 3. I take this to mean that your car is a MY 2022?

Perhaps the All-Wheel indicator was removed from the updated PCM? I can’t think of any reason why they would have done that. Is your Good to Know app updated for MY 2022 yet and, if so, are those screen shots above from the 2022 version (i.e., does the 2022 Good to Know app reference All-Wheel in the instrument cluster)? In my Good to Know app I don’t see an option to download the MY 2022 manual. Does your actual Good to Know manual booklet in the car reference this? So weird they would have removed this.
PCM with 5 icons appears on MY21 onwards (I have it on my MY21).

PGTKA - most recent is 2nd edition for 2021 - MY21, 04/21 onwards - wouldn't really help as there is no additional detail on editing your Customised List.

Once the issue is resolved it will be an underwhelming experience - a bit like watching LED VDU meters, not saying a lot.
Sponsored