Can you bypass a stop sale?

Suny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I recently got a Taycan 4s 2021 Pre-Owned but I can’t receive delivery until ANA5 is resolved, and now probably ANA6. With the amount of recalls and stop sales can I bypass it and just take delivery. It’s ridiculous that we don’t get any dates when the stop sales will end. Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Only way around it, is to have the work performed. You can call PCNA and push them. They should be able to give a date on when parts will be available.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
I believe that a manufacturer must follow the rules established by NHTSA (or be fined), which prohibit sale of any vehicle subject to safety recall.
If a manufacturer is "stopping sales" due to a defect other than safety, then two possibilities apply:
  1. Economics of paying dealers to handle the recall after in the hands of the customer,
  2. They believe that the recall will convert to a safety recall based upon customer complaints and on going NHTSA review, along with the manufacturers findings to date

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It depends. Go online to the NHTSA website and see if it’s identified as a ‘Stop Sale’ or a ‘Stop Sale Except for Suny’. If it’s the latter you should be able to take delivery.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Nope...illegal for dealer to sell the car with stop sale in effect. In doing so they/you would risk car being invalidated when tried to "punch" the warranty as it was not allowed to be sold therefore the sale date would not match and don't think you want that headache of an out of warranty Porsche. Also Porsche looks very badly upon dealers who try this I am told and doing so could risk any future allocations being limited or restricted for cars. Most dealers aren't going to risk that just for an inpatient customer...especially in current environment where there is a buyer waiting for the car you refuse or bail out on.

Only course is likely to just wait it out and see....should resolve itself on its own timeline shortly. They do want to sell the car to you as much as you want to have it. :)
Sponsored