Can You Live With A PORSCHE TAYCAN? [Porsche's First Electric Car] - Seen Through Glass

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
A first review by Seen Through Glass. I have watched and enjoyed other videos from Sam Michael David Fane, especially the four episode around the world tour #DriveTheWorld in his Porsche 911 Carrera T.

He appears quite enthused with the vehicle and make special note of the electric sports sound have a go through tunnels with the window down to appreciate it. his major concern with the vehicle was infrastructure especially in the UK.

Can You Live With A PORSCHE TAYCAN? [Porsche's First Electric Car]
Seen Through Glass
Sponsored

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Most reviewers are loving the Electric Sports Sound and as an owner I love it too!

It's currently a major talking point on the Taycan and I earlier thought it would be the passenger screen.

Anyone not spec'd this option may regret it now as it's great fun :)

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
as an annoy youngster who likes loud music, I knew I could never hear it so did not spec it. Perhaps in the future it will be available as an update?

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Not sure as the car has external speakers so hardware will be required. Been talk about this before but no one knows for sure.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
as an annoy youngster who likes loud music, I knew I could never hear it so did not spec it. Perhaps in the future it will be available as an update?
I've heard it will be upgradeable through the Porsche store. I do not think there is any hardware differences.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I've heard it will be upgradeable through the Porsche store. I do not think there is any hardware differences.
And I’ve heard the car has external speakers so hardware will be required. I asked the Porsche Technician on pick up. Like I said, who knows. Time will tell. It’s a great option and they should make it standard.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
And I’ve heard the car has external speakers so hardware will be required. I asked the Porsche Technician on pick up. Like I said, who knows. Time will tell. It’s a great option and they should make it standard.
I agree there are external speakers but I thought that was also needed for the required sound for 2020 vehicles.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I agree there are external speakers but I thought that was also needed for the required sound for 2020 vehicles.
Indeed all the cars produce sound from the external speakers regardless of any "sport sound". This is due to the requirements that make sure pedestrians notice electric cars. So I highly doubt there are hardware differences and it will very likely be upgradable. Also likely to be more expensive when upgraded later, so there is that.

Personally I have this in my spec and will be interesting to see how I like it.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
All guesswork...time shall tell. Yes there are speakers there indeed but the technician thought they would not be able to handle the volume of a full throttle down/Launch control. Anyway I have the option so don’t care :D

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
IMHO, the Electric Sports Sound is a fun party trick for a little while but gets old. The iPace also had a very, very similar sounding option (in fact, I'd argue the iPaces sounded a bit better) which I used for a while and then permanently disabled.

With that said, it's a "cheap" option that can be fully disabled, so you should get it if you're not 100% sure you don't want it.

Also, I'd wager it CAN be retrofitted. If it required additional hardware Porsche would certainly charge more for it, no question.
Sponsored