Can you reset comfort access door sensors?

sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve had my 2020 4s for about 4 months. When I had the software update 2 months ago, wireless CarPlay and comfort access was working great. It seems to be degrading. When leaving the car it takes multiple tries to lock the doors and now it doesn’t seem to want to lock. CarPlay can work fine sometimes, but many times when you press the icon it has a black screen and doesn’t do anything. Tonight, I was able to play music from my phone, but the screen wouldn’t switch over and there was no bass.
Is there a way to reset things or is this a service appointment?
Sponsored

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
I’ve had my 2020 4s for about 4 months. When I had the software update 2 months ago, wireless CarPlay and comfort access was working great. It seems to be degrading. When leaving the car it takes multiple tries to lock the doors and now it doesn’t seem to want to lock. CarPlay can work fine sometimes, but many times when you press the icon it has a black screen and doesn’t do anything. Tonight, I was able to play music from my phone, but the screen wouldn’t switch over and there was no bass.
Is there a way to reset things or is this a service appointment?
You can try to do factory reset in pcm settings.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I didn't have the software update, but my MY20 Turbo had a similar problem with the doors not locking when touching the handle. Service ended up replacing my keys and that solved the problem.

OP
OP

sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I didn't have the software update, but my MY20 Turbo had a similar problem with the doors not locking when touching the handle. Service ended up replacing my keys and that solved the problem.
Thanks for the help. I've reset the setting so far and if that doesn't work, then I'll bring it in.

pedro66

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S
Country flag
Did you ever resolve this I am having horrible problems locking the doors

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The trick is to realize that the system is slow to respond. Place your finger on the spot for a full second. It'll eventually figure out you touched it and lock.
Sponsored