Can you turn off the tiny overhead light between the map lights?

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The tiny light by the rear view mirror between the map lights stays on in my car. Does anyone know how to turn it off?
Sponsored

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Bump - this dives me nuts driving at night. Is prefer to not have to put electrical tape over it.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It's controlled by the interior brightness setting, but that also drives the baseline display brightness (which you can then massage with the display settings in PCM) and the baseline ambient lighting brightness (which again you can massage through PCM the menu). I fear that turning it all the way down would make everything else too dim. Perhaps a small piece of black tape...?

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
It's controlled by the interior brightness setting, but that also drives the baseline display brightness (which you can then massage with the display settings in PCM) and the baseline ambient lighting brightness (which again you can massage through PCM the menu). I fear that turning it all the way down would make everything else too dim. Perhaps a small piece of black tape...?
I tried turning down the interior brightness setting, but didn't get the small light to get brighter. I put a piece of neutral density filter in it with a small blade without removing the plastic part. If you're getting the light to get dimmer by turning it down in the display brightness, please let me know and I'll see if the dealer can make it work. ND filters are something that photographers use and can be bought in thin sheets.

Ajjra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just looking to see if anyone has an update on this topic. I’ve played with every menu control for lighting I can find and this cabin light remains bright. Thanks for any help.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
This is not as bad in the Taycan as it was for me in my BMW's. Not sure if this is helpful, but for the BMW, I literally just took a small piece of black electrical tape (it was right under the rear view mirror) and placed it over. You couldn't see the tape and solved my problem.
Or you could tape it off and just expose the light, spray plastic-dip to coat the lens of the light, this is completely reversible and should look pretty stock if you take your time and tape off the edges and only keep the light exposed to take the spray.
Sometimes, we just need to get a little creative on a car that is only semi-bespoke, what is annoying for one may be loved by another.
Best of luck!

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
Been wandering about this myself, but it seems there is nothing to be done for it in settings anyway…

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Just had my first long drive at night with the car and, boy, is that light annoying. The cabin is, for me, bathed in unwanted light on unlit roads. 20 minutes sat whilst it charged at IONITY yielded nothing from Good to Know or the PCM so this thread has confirmed my fears! Guess Porsche like a brightly lit cabin as I find the minimum brightness levels for all the displays/sport chrono compass etc are too bright for me at night also, the latter in particular giving an unwanted reflection in the windscreen.

At least I can solve the map light issue with a bit of opaque tape.

Last edited:

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Just bumping this thread because I couldn't find any way to turn this light off on my MY2022 4S either. So annoying! With all the adjustments available, how can this not be an option to turn off?

Taycan67

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hello I have the same problem with that little center light. I did notice that when I go into the menu, when I try to adjust with the cup selection it does nothing but when I adjust the roof light adjustment it adjust the cup light. Call dealership will post out come

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello I have the same problem with that little center light. I did notice that when I go into the menu, when I try to adjust with the cup selection it does nothing but when I adjust the roof light adjustment it adjust the cup light. Call dealership will post out come
You can't adjust or disable it. If you want to block it (can't think why) then black electrical tape will do the trick.

Taycan67

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks but if the wrong icon or selection is adjusting the wrong thing than something is wrong. We pay to much for these cars for it not to work correctly. For me the light is to bright I when drive at night. Cabin for me needs to be dark to see outside. Again will ask dealership.
Sponsored