OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Just want to jump in and say hi - i'm Henry one of the Porsche Pro's over at PC Vancouver and have had the pleasure of meeting a few of you in this thread. Hope all has been well with your cars and Porsche Connect has actually been connecting :CWL:

Never knew this forum existed but happy to jump in and provide support for any of you!
Hi Henry @HCPro , good to see you in here! The Taycan is amazing so far, and we're loving it.

My Porsche entry and drive function for locking the car is not very sensitive. I have to hold my finger on the sensor/notch on the handles for a significant period of time, or repeatedly for the car to lock. The fob is very close by, and not in my pocket with any other keys or items that might interfere with the signal. It's a very frustrating thing compared to locking the Cayenne. If you have any ideas, please let me know! Thanks Henry.
Sponsored

HCPro

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-Golf
Country flag
Hi Henry @HCPro , good to see you in here! The Taycan is amazing so far, and we're loving it.

My Porsche entry and drive function for locking the car is not very sensitive. I have to hold my finger on the sensor/notch on the handles for a significant period of time, or repeatedly for the car to lock. The fob is very close by, and not in my pocket with any other keys or items that might interfere with the signal. It's a very frustrating thing compared to locking the Cayenne. If you have any ideas, please let me know! Thanks Henry.
I would try to narrow down the issue to see if we can pinpoint something specific.

How does your exiting car procedure go? Do you press and hold power button to shut everything down or just lock car to have it shut down? I've driven Taycan for a few days and find if you manually shut down the car with power button its usually ok to lock with door handle. If you leave it on and try to lock it with handle it kind of has to think about whats happening first or won't lock at all.

If nothing else I would try locking with rear door handle if front acts up then we can see if front handle needs to be looked at with service appointment.

In any case monitor it and let me know!

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I would try to narrow down the issue to see if we can pinpoint something specific.

How does your exiting car procedure go? Do you press and hold power button to shut everything down or just lock car to have it shut down? I've driven Taycan for a few days and find if you manually shut down the car with power button its usually ok to lock with door handle. If you leave it on and try to lock it with handle it kind of has to think about whats happening first or won't lock at all.

If nothing else I would try locking with rear door handle if front acts up then we can see if front handle needs to be looked at with service appointment.

In any case monitor it and let me know!
Thanks Henry. I "P"ark, then hold Power to shut down. Exit vehicle. Close door. Turn around immediately, put finger on the sensor. You are correct, it seems like it's thinking about what's happening with this door, because if it doesn't work, I will move to the rear door and make the next attempt which seems works better.

This is not limited to the driver's door. If I retrieve my briefcase from the passenger door after getting out, it's the same sequence of events.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Press P button, hold down 1/0 button, close door, help wife out on other side, open trunk, take out groceries, press trunk/key button to close trunk and lock car.
Remember rule: helping wife means new car or new wife!

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does the Canadian Taycan (4S) come with qi wireless phone charger in the arm rest storage?

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
I tried this same Petro Canada charger in Abbotsford a few weeks ago and the output was 106 Kw. I tried the Petro Can on Lynn Valley Rd In NVan and it output 130. BTW, 270 is the max you will ever see from these even though they say up to 350. The output is highly dependent on the grid in the area where the charger is located. The output can also be lower if there is another car charging at the same time. Tesla Superchargers have the same issue. The Petro Can charger network stations do not currently show up in the Taycan NAV.

Last edited:

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Vancouverites - @moballa @Terra and others. What's your plan for winter tires? I have swapped to full winter tires and wheels on all my cars for the past 15 years here. I was initially thinking of riding out our first winter with the Taycan with the 21" all seasons, but I'm getting a bit nervous.

I have the Cayenne with full winters on for crazy snowy days and going to Whistler, but I still need the Taycan to be safe and mobile as my daily driver.

Curious what others are planning.
I purchased winter tires on separate rims. The all seasons aren’t snow flake rated and you risk getting a ticket at Whistler or other snowy areas. I read a post by a guy from Colorado who said his car performed really well with snow tires in ugly ice and snow conditions.

Last edited:

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FYI, Vancouverites - I recently took a trip to Vernon and planned my route so that I could hit the free Electrify Canada stations in Merritt on my way there and in Kelowna on my way back. This is my first EV so didn't know what to expect. I certainly was looking at my SOC % often! Range anxiety is a thing!

[/QUOTE
Thanks. Very useful info. Merritt is a key stopping point for the North Okanagan so we all need that one working! Do you know what the output In KWh was from the Kelowna Electrify Canada charger? They say up to 350 but they probably aren’t delivering that much.

PCT

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I purchased winter tires on separate rims. The all seasons aren’t snow flake rated and you risk getting a ticket at Whistler or other snowy areas. I read a post by a guy from Colorado who said his car performed really well with snow tires in ugly ice and snow conditions.
Hi. Did you buy separate 20

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I tried this same Petro Canada charger in Abbotsford a few weeks ago and the output was 106 Kw. I tried the Petro Can on Lynn Valley Rd In NVan and it output 130. BTW, 270 is the max you will ever see from these even though they say up to 350. The output is highly dependent on the grid in the area where the charger is located. The output can also be lower if there is another car charging at the same time. Tesla Superchargers have the same issue. The Petro Can charger network stations do not currently show up in the Taycan NAV.
I think we would see much higher rates of charge when we are below 50%. I found that once the battery is above 50%, it throttles down to about 100kW.
Sponsored