HCPro

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-Golf
Country flag
Charging rates depend on too many factors to have a solid answer. Anything from ambient temp to battery temp to state of charge all affect the charging rate.

From 0% to 60% is where it charges fastest then slows down until around 80% where it is really slow. Which is why all the 22 minute charge time claims are from 0-80%.

Electrify Canada stations can output 350kw but Taycan can only accept up to 270kw

Like Norm said aswell all is dependant on the charger itself and what the output of the station is.

All very complex stuff but luckily we just plug it in and wait :CWL:

BTW if anyone local Vancouver is looking for winter tires or wheel sets PM me and I can have a quote for whatever you need. I believe we still have a few sets in stock
Sponsored

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Charging rates depend on too many factors to have a solid answer. Anything from ambient temp to battery temp to state of charge all affect the charging rate.

From 0% to 60% is where it charges fastest then slows down until around 80% where it is really slow. Which is why all the 22 minute charge time claims are from 0-80%.

Electrify Canada stations can output 350kw but Taycan can only accept up to 270kw

Like Norm said aswell all is dependant on the charger itself and what the output of the station is.

All very complex stuff but luckily we just plug it in and wait :CWL:

BTW if anyone local Vancouver is looking for winter tires or wheel sets PM me and I can have a quote for whatever you need. I believe we still have a few sets in stock
Does the Porsche Centre (Vancouver) have fast DC chargers (how fast?) to use at their dealership for us to use? I assume it is free? How many? It is tied to an app or just plug and charge? How about the other Porsche Dealerships?

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
Does the Porsche Centre (Vancouver) have fast DC chargers (how fast?) to use at their dealership for us to use? I assume it is free? How many? It is tied to an app or just plug and charge? How about the other Porsche Dealerships?
I haven’t used the ones out front at Porsche Vancouver, but I think they are just Level 2. They might have a DC charger in the back for internal use.

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
As far as I know, the chargers out front are level 2 at both Vancouver and Langley.

HCPro

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-Golf
Country flag
We have two level 2 chargers out front and a 150kw dc charger out back. Unfortunately both not open to public at this time. I believe Langley is the same for internal use only.

99% of the time the chargers are occupied by in stock units or service units. I cant even charge my golf :CWL:

If you guys are nearby and are really low on charge obviously we can see what we can do for you.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone of your guys have the auto tightening seat belts on your cars? According to the "Good to Know App", you would feel the seat belt pull you back when you hit 30/km... My dealer told me the turbo he just tried has it.. my 4S definitely doesn't do anything..

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does anyone of your guys have the auto tightening seat belts on your cars? According to the "Good to Know App", you would feel the seat belt pull you back when you hit 30/km... My dealer told me the turbo he just tried has it.. my 4S definitely doesn't do anything..
Yes, my Turbo has it and you can feel the slight tightening.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
very strange... maybe not on the 4S's? I definitely do not feel the belts tightening... Is there a setting for it?

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
very strange... maybe not on the 4S's? I definitely do not feel the belts tightening... Is there a setting for it?
No setting that I know of. Ask your dealer.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
I have a 4S and it works fine. Seems like a factory setting for me. Ask the dealer indeed

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've asked the dealer and he told me it should be working... but he only referenced a Turbo... are you feeling a distinctive pull on the seat belt at around 30km/h, and not just the seal belt retracting?

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 4S and it works fine. Seems like a factory setting for me. Ask the dealer indeed
Can you please let us know what options you have on your 4S? Maybe it comes with a certain option that I don't have... would be weird for a standard option to be missing on my car. Thanks.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
Can you please let us know what options you have on your 4S? Maybe it comes with a certain option that I don't have... would be weird for a standard option to be missing on my car. Thanks.
I think I remenber reading about this feature in the Good To know app or The User Manual, not sure

I'll try to find you my Porsche build Code but I'm pretty sure you don't have to option it.
One other thing you could do is post your question to @LukeManning in his thread.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wondering if your car's main headlights are always on? It seems to me that they are... no matter if it's sunny outside or at night... when I try to turn them off by holding the parking lights, they turn on again after hitting 25km/h or so...

Aslo, anyone got their mobile charger wifi to connect to their home wifi? I tried for a hour and it just would not connect...tried on the charger and on the web portal via it's hotspot...

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
I wondering if your car's main headlights are always on? It seems to me that they are... no matter if it's sunny outside or at night... when I try to turn them off by holding the parking lights, they turn on again after hitting 25km/h or so...

Aslo, anyone got their mobile charger wifi to connect to their home wifi? I tried for a hour and it just would not connect...tried on the charger and on the web portal via it's hotspot...
Had no trouble connecting. It immediately updated its firmware (last September).
Sponsored