First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi Canadian mates,

I was wondering if you got the level 1 and level 2 input charger as part of the charging kit?
Sponsored

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
Hi Canadian mates,

I was wondering if you got the level 1 and level 2 input charger as part of the charging kit?
Level 1 is basically so slow as to be useless. I recommend Level 2 at 50 amps or 40 amps minimum. This will let you add 30-40 km worth of charge per hour.

I do recommend you buy the plug adaptor that allows you to use Tesla Destination chargers. These are often 80/100 amps and thus charge faster than other Level 2 chargers. There are usually Tesla chargers in hotels and public facilities. It only costs approx Cdn $300.

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
I live in an apartment, and I am only able to use the reg outlet. I don’t mind charging 12-15 hours.

just wondering what comes with the charging kit. I read in the earlier post that @Chowster posted, and I think you are suppose to get level 1 and 2. I’m just trying to confirm this.

thanks

HCPro

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-Golf
Country flag
Hi Canadian mates,

Canadian Taycans only come with level 2 charger. Level 1 household socket doesn't meet canadian electrical code for use with the charger so nobody should've got a level 1 with their car.

Its also something stupid like 60 hours for 0-100% with level 1.

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Canadian Taycans only come with level 2 charger. Level 1 household socket doesn't meet canadian electrical code for use with the charger so nobody should've got a level 1 with their car.

I can check this when I get home, but @HCPro is the expert on this.

I think most people are using a 50A circuit, which would in turn charge at 40A. 0-100% charge would take about 10 hours. Level 1 would be torture. @Wendal you'll be good friends with the Petro-Canada charging network and the BC Hydro charging stations.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag

I can confirm, I also got level 2 ONLY with the Taycan 4S.
Bought a 3rd party Level 1 just in case I need it, because NEMA 14-50 can be pretty hard to come by on a road trip... Plus, it's a good backup just in case the PMCC breaks...

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
Ok thanks guys, I may just buy a 3rd party level 1.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Looks like the 2021 Configurator is now live
Yeah, I was playing with it today. A lot more leather options that weren’t there when I spec’d my MY2021 at the dealer. I sent him an email today to see if it is locked or whether I can more options at this point. My new options would add $8K though so I almost hope he says it is locked!

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Based price is up $3K or so... but the mobile charger is now included for free.. which was "only" a $1,250 cost before, so a slight base bump in cost from 2020 to 2021 MY.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Based price is up $3K or so... but the mobile charger is now included for free.. which was "only" a $1,250 cost before, so a slight base bump in cost from 2020 to 2021 MY.
I noticed that as well when I finalized my MY2021 this summer. The base price increased by almost the same amount as the “optional” charger that is now “free”. All other options were the same price though. My vehicle is locked otherwise I would have added all of the new leather options and the new clock. Having my spec locked saved me $8k in options I probably don’t need. The leather B-pillar is nice though.

TT459S

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Targa 4, 2023 Macan S
Country flag

Just catching up on this forum. Pretty sure I got a 120V cable with my 2020 4S as well in the Mobile Connect Charger kit. My parkade (living in an apartment complex) is experimenting with Plugzio Level 1. I only use my EV during the weekend, so I have 120 hours between drives. Would love to have a 240V line with 80A though...