luiscabrera

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Took delivery on Dec 23, 2020, and have spent hours on the phone. I have a ticket, and multiple promises that someone will call me - they have never called.
  1. In the car, Services are “Inactive” and show a “Terms and conditions not accepted” message. Touching any of these messages brings up an alert menu that says: “Accept the terms in the Porsche Connect Store”.
  2. On the web, I get a big red banner that says: “You cannot currently use this service because activation has not been completed”.
  3. In the Connect App, I cannot see the status of the car, and it has never connected to the “Porsche Server”.
  4. I cannot use Porsche Charging Services, it shows as "activation in process".
  5. Further, I cannot even link my Porsche Financial Services Account - I cannot see my account details or even pay.
None of these have worked:

- Create a new Porsche account from scratch (twice).
- Login with someone else's account.
- Reboot the PCM (two fingers, upper right corner).
- Factory reset.

There is nowhere to accept those T&C on the Porsche Connect Store. Dealer wants to help but has no clue.

Porsche Taycan Cannot use Porsche Connect Services - Terms and Conditions not accepted Connect
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This happened to me as well last year after a 12V battery death and coincident OTA control module issue. Here is the sequence that finally worked (assuming you don't have a fault in the OTA module):

1) Delete account from vehicle
2) Delete vehicle from Porsche ID
3) Delete Porsche ID
4) Factory reset PCM (may require 12V disconnect if factory reset fails)
5) Restart Porsche ID invitation for VIN (you will need your sales person for this)
6) Complete Porsche ID activation and checkout (critical to accept terms and conditions)
7) Log into car and enable services

Note make sure you do all of this in an area where the Taycan can get good cellular reception. Unfortunately all you get is connected / not connected indication - no signal strength meter.

OP
OP
luiscabrera

luiscabrera

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Update: I wrote a letter and sent it to customer service and financial services. I described my case, and I added 6 pages with pictures and details. I didn't receive an email back, a call, or any sort of follow up.

Then, 24 hours later, I got an automated email from Porsche with the subject line: "Acknowledgment of receipt for an order", and it listed the Porsche Charging Service (Taycan) subscription for $0.

I assumed something had happened, and when I got in the car, I started receiving map updates (two) and I was able to see now traffic information... a few minutes later, the missing icons showed up and now I have everything enabled! No PCM restart, no OTA module replacement, nothing... just like magic, it all worked... Except for access to my Porsche Financial Services account, oh well...

I´ll probably never find out what was wrong, or if my letter worked (maybe it was a coincidence). I´m happy now rediscovering my car, but I´ll be forever disappointed with their customer service.

Last edited:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Update: I wrote a letter and sent it to customer service and financial services. I described my case, and I added 6 pages with pictures and details. I didn't receive an email back, a call, or any sort of follow up.

Then, 24 hours later, I got an automated email from Porsche with the subject line: "Acknowledgment of receipt for an order", and it listed the Porsche Charging Service (Taycan) subscription for $0.

I assumed something had happened, and when I got in the car, I started receiving map updates (two) and I was able to see now traffic information... a few minutes later, the missing icons showed up and now I have everything enabled! No PCM restart, no OTA module replacement, nothing... just like magic, it all worked... Except for access to my Porsche Financial Services account, oh well...

I´ll probably never find out what was wrong, or if my letter worked (maybe it was a coincidence). I´m happy now rediscovering my car, but I´ll be forever disappointed with their customer service.

Porsche customer service is like talking to a wall..... Very sad indeed. They never call back and you have to do the knocking on the door to get any info at all..........
Sponsored