Can't decide on a colour for your Taycan?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Who want's a €150,000 clown car? I dread to see the interior. Yeah, I know ... it's "art". You know what Porsche should be putting effort into ... making a reliable car.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Darker colors make for hotter interiors. Going with Carrara White Metallic here in Arizona USA because the summer temperatures are blazing hot (over 105 F / 41 C) for several months. About a year ago I rented a car with red exterior and black interior, and after 90 sunny minutes at 90 F / 32 C it was unbearable even with the roof shading the driver's seat.

Can anybody out there living in a hot climate comment on how well the Taycan's pre-cooling comfort feature works in the hot sun? I wish I could get Cherry Red Metallic ...

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Who want's a €150,000 clown car? I dread to see the interior. Yeah, I know ... it's "art". You know what Porsche should be putting effort into ... making a reliable car.
It is not car art, it is ex-car-ment. As in, someone would have to have "excarment" in their head to turn a beautiful Taycan into a clown car. I think this Sean W. dude grew up with a mother who lavished undue praise on his not so creative endeavors. What he really needs is a dose of tough love: If you are reading this, Sean, I love you, your Mommy loves you, and everyone on this forum loves you, but you suck as an artist. And for God's sake, the next time you feel compelled to paint an EV, please use a Prius as your canvas.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
That orange could make a good accent colour for Frozen Blue, as a nod to the Gulf Racing 917's.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Simple, pick all of them!

wotherspoon-porsche-taycan-4s-release-date-7.jpg

Love this collaboration between artist Sean Wotherspoon and Porsche. You can see more photos here.
Are you sure this isn't the "end of quarter car", put together from whatever parts were laying around the factory in order to meet or exceed production quotas for the quarter? :CWL:

Last edited:

OP
OP
mutanthands

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Are you sure this isn't the "end of quarter car", put together from whatever parts were laying around the factory in order to meet or exceed production quotas for the quarter? :CWL:
Well, they have been having supply chain issues... ?

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This car is currently on display at Porsche Unseen at SXSW here in Austin. No, it does not look any better in person.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
This car is currently on display at Porsche Unseen at SXSW here in Austin. No, it does not look any better in person.
Doing display duty probably because it was the only car they couldn't sell. ;)

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
So the primary purpose of Porsche Taycan marketing is to sell Taycan's to potential buyers and perhaps convince existing owners to upgrade.

Does this car really achieve that? Porsche marketing often gets it so right:

Porsche Taycan Can't decide on a colour for your Taycan? Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 19.00.49

But do these "art" cars– especially ones that do not link back to any brand heritage – encourage anyone to buy the car? What even is the lifestyle message this effort is representing? Does it even sell anything to aspiring owners?

In my day job I am responsible for a software product and I know that if I responded to a major issue – say an impactful bug or perhaps unstable service/downtime – with a tweaked font or an updated color pallet – then my customers would get rightly annoyed. They would say that I am focusing on superficial things when they as customers are really struggling with a major problem.

The Taycan is facing some challenges right now – with delivery – with reliability – with recalls and broken promises around over-the-air updates.

I think current owners and potential buyers would respond a lot better to clearer communications, open two-way dialog and more detailed information on what's going on – than this car and campaign.

This marketing effort feels – out of touch. It risks making their paying audience question if they are even on the same page. Trust is hard to win and easily lost.

Or perhaps, I'm just not getting it?

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I for one like it....... no one would look back I don't think and say BMW's series of Art Cars were a bad idea........
Andy Warhol M1 anyone?

Porsche Taycan Can't decide on a colour for your Taycan? warhol-bmw-art-car-1
Sponsored