Can't find the thread with the vid of Edmunds testing the Tesla Plaid...

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Anyone?
Got something to add....?

Porsche Taycan Can't find the thread with the vid of Edmunds testing the Tesla Plaid... Screenshot_20210909-195019

It does look good imho.
But I'm not interested though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Jesus Christ the comments under that video are really just sad. The world really is going down the drain. No hope at all..
Don't worry most of this dumb fanboys look very stupid, when EVs like this come to the streets:

Porsche Taycan Can't find the thread with the vid of Edmunds testing the Tesla Plaid... 1631255383577

Porsche Taycan Can't find the thread with the vid of Edmunds testing the Tesla Plaid... 1631255421168

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
Good grief, those comments… “Legacy” lol.
I actually wanted to like Tesla, but people like those in the comment section has annoyed me so much for years I simply don' want to be associated with it. I was soooo happy when Porsche released the CT!

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I found it kinda sad that in order to make the car do what it can do over the Model S Performance that you paid an extra $40k for it took 7 MINUTES to prepare itself. If you couple that with the fact it can only do those pulls a few times and then the battery overheats and the car starts slowing way down, it's such a waste to get a Plaid. Oh and watching him drive with the yoke on the low traction track was also HILARIOUS.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
I actually wanted to like Tesla, but people like those in the comment section has annoyed me so much for years I simply don' want to be associated with it. I was soooo happy when Porsche released the CT!
#1 reason I want to get rid of my Tesla is to get away from the fanbois / stigma of fanbois.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I found it kinda sad that in order to make the car do what it can do over the Model S Performance that you paid an extra $40k for it took 7 MINUTES to prepare itself. If you couple that with the fact it can only do those pulls a few times and then the battery overheats and the car starts slowing way down, it's such a waste to get a Plaid. Oh and watching him drive with the yoke on the low traction track was also HILARIOUS.
Yeah, that's not really accurate though.

1. From many other videos I've seen, generally this mode doesn't take that long to enter. Usually less than 3 mintues.
2. Entering this mode usually only gains you maybe 1 to 2 tenths. That's really it. If you just floor it off the line without dragstrip mode, you're still talking about a 2.2-2.3 second car. That's quite a bit faster than the Long Range (there is no Performance).

Also, the overheating / slowing way down is pretty negligible at this point in the Model S's gestation. Brooks from Drag Times has run multiple passes with very minimal degradation even in FL heat.

The Yoke is a complete joke and it's still not as tossable as a Model 3 though.

Reactions: Dee

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag

1. From many other videos I've seen, generally this mode doesn't take that long to enter. Usually less than 3 mintues.
2. Entering this mode usually only gains you maybe 1 to 2 tenths. That's really it. If you just floor it off the line without dragstrip mode, you're still talking about a 2.2-2.3 second car. That's quite a bit faster than the Long Range (there is no Performance).

Also, the overheating / slowing way down is pretty negligible at this point in the Model S's gestation. Brooks from Drag Times has run multiple passes with very minimal degradation even in FL heat.

2.2-2.3 sec with all preparation, dragstart and best possible run, yes.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag

Meh, they weren't even able to achieve 2.2 with the drag stripe mode on. Tesla themselves don't actually advertise 1.99 0-60 times. They use a footnote to explain it away. They don't include the first foot ie it's not from 0, but they still somehow refer to it as 0-60. It's marketing BS.

The overheating is not negligible AT ALL. I know this chart is for 2020 but I have seen the same for the Plaid. I will post it when I come across it again.

Porsche Taycan Can't find the thread with the vid of Edmunds testing the Tesla Plaid... 1631290766853

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Meh, they weren't even able to achieve 2.2 with the drag stripe mode on. Tesla themselves don't actually advertise 1.99 0-60 times. They use a footnote to explain it away. They don't include the first foot ie it's not from 0, but they still somehow refer to it as 0-60. It's marketing BS.

The overheating is not negligible AT ALL. I know this chart is for 2020 but I have seen the same for the Plaid. I will post it when I come across it again.

1631290766853.png
The Plaid does not suffer the same degradation.

I have seen multiple Dragy runs at 2.3 seconds to 60 just flooring it.

There are many things to say bad about the Plaid. The speed is not one of them.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can't reason with a cult member. You can just wind them up to a frantic pitch.

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
There are many things to say bad about the Plaid. The speed is not one of them.
Yes it is.
It's what Tesla is advertising compared to the numbers in REAL LIFE.
Same for range.
Same for FSD.
Always have been, always will be.
People just buy it, literally.
Porsche at least is understating their numbers.
I love that. ?
Sponsored