Can't find the thread with the vid of Edmunds testing the Tesla Plaid...

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
The Plaid does not suffer the same degradation.

I have seen multiple Dragy runs at 2.3 seconds to 60 just flooring it.

There are many things to say bad about the Plaid. The speed is not one of them.
Have you seen any test results from people doing 10+ consecutive quarter mile runs? If so link one. I looked but only saw one done at 20% battery but it wasn’t done after consecutive runs. If you can find one I’d love to see it. I have seen no proof this problem is fixed, just hearsay.
Sponsored

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
Have you seen any test results from people doing 10+ consecutive quarter mile runs? If so link one. I looked but only saw one done at 20% battery but it wasn’t done after consecutive runs. If you can find one I’d love to see it. I have seen no proof this problem is fixed, just hearsay.
40 runs in one evening. Still does 2.33 on the street at 20%

battery overheating is not an issue.

Look, the Taycan pulls power too. Just ask @daveo4EV how long he got out of a session at Laguna on his Turbo before it cut power? Hint, it wasn’t a full 20 minute section.

plemty to give Tesla crap about with the plaid. Speed And battery cooling? Not one of the things.

Last edited:

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag

Look, the Taycan pulls power too. Just ask @daveo4EV how long he got out of a session at Laguna on his Turbo before it cut power? Hint, it wasn’t a full 20 minute section.

plemty to give Tesla crap about with the plaid. Speed And battery cooling? Not one of the things.
I already saw this. He’s just saying that’s why the battery is at 20%. The battery wasn’t hot when he did the run.

20 minutes straight of hard track driving is a lot more than a handful of quarter miles.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Why are people so fascinated by acceleration? In over a year, I never floored my Taycan in regular traffic. Maybe I am getting old, but it has no real life application in a car, doesn't it? ?‍♂

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag

It does look like the Plaid has significantly better cooling, but repeated runs at a drag strip give the car a fair amount of time to cool down between runs. The Motor Trend data comparing the Model S Performance and the Taycan Turbo S was repeated back to back runs on an airstrip where they didn't need to wait.

My guess is the Plaid will still do fine in this situation, but I haven't seen this type of test yet.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
It does look like the Plaid has significantly better cooling, but repeated runs at a drag strip give the car a fair amount of time to cool down between runs. The Motor Trend data comparing the Model S Performance and the Taycan Turbo S was repeated back to back runs on an airstrip where they didn't need to wait.

My guess is the Plaid will still do fine in this situation, but I haven't seen this type of test yet.
Right. Cannot go by pre-Plaid results. Plaid completely different
Sponsored