Can't login to account from PCM (...for over four weeks)

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had all updates/recalls at this point; I opened a case with 1-800-Porsche four weeks ago, and they said they wouldn't do anything until I had the updates done; they're done, and I still can't login, and they're still not doing anything. I've emailed, called, etc., and they don't respond. Yes I can login from the website, yes I've changed my password, yes I've sent them the same details and pictures 3x now. I've never had so many issues with a car- it's ridiculous. Anyone else experience this, and have a solution? I've heard about (but not yet tried) the one that involves pulling a fuse-- are there any others?
Sponsored

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
I've had all updates/recalls at this point; I opened a case with 1-800-Porsche four weeks ago, and they said they wouldn't do anything until I had the updates done; they're done, and I still can't login, and they're still not doing anything. I've emailed, called, etc., and they don't respond. Yes I can login from the website, yes I've changed my password, yes I've sent them the same details and pictures 3x now. I've never had so many issues with a car- it's ridiculous. Anyone else experience this, and have a solution? I've heard about (but not yet tried) the one that involves pulling a fuse-- are there any others?
I had a similar problem but I couldn’t login at all, not even from the app or website. so maybe not the same cause.
Have you tried the 2 finger re-boot? It may work, it’s worth trying. There are several threads that discuss it on here.
I had to have a new comms unit in the end. (After 4 weeks) That only got moving once I had emailed the CEO of Porsche UK.
You’re in the US, I think, is there an escalation you can do?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure I can help, but more specifics would be helpful.
Can't login to account from PCM?
Your account is listed in the PCM, but you cannot access it?​
Your account is not listed in the PCM and you are trying to add it?​
Private mode is deactivated?
The LTE symbol is present in upper right of PCM indicating that your car has wireless data communication link to internet?
The SOS light above the rear-view mirror is green?
When you go to MyPorsche on desktop and your phone, you login and are able to access your vehicle's details, or not?
Prior to 4 weeks ago, this problem did not exist?
When you lost access 4 weeks ago, was it after something changed?
In MyPorsche web site on your desktop/laptop:
in your vehicle section, symbols below Porsche Connect setup are both green?​
In "my connect services"...configurable services, all the services listed show unexpired contract terms?​
Also, I have contacted PorscheNA customer service for a half dozen questions or problems in the last 8 months. Almost no success in getting questions answered or problems resolved. If I email and follow up by email, it has taken them more than 2 weeks to email a response, other than receipt of my email. Telephone response has been email pics of error messages and PCM screens, then I need to call to ensure they open the emails I sent, then "forwarding to 2nd level support" & no estimated date, and then no status from them until I call back.
Info/suggestions from this forum have resolved my questions/problems, not PorscheNA support.
You are not alone.

Last edited:
OP
OP

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had a similar problem but I couldn’t login at all, not even from the app or website. so maybe not the same cause.
Have you tried the 2 finger re-boot? It may work, it’s worth trying. There are several threads that discuss it on here.
I had to have a new comms unit in the end. (After 4 weeks) That only got moving once I had emailed the CEO of Porsche UK.
You’re in the US, I think, is there an escalation you can do?
Thanks for your reply. I've rebooted several times, no luck. Not sure how to escalate the issue since I've already reached out to Porsche.

OP
OP

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure I can help, but more specifics would be helpful.
Can't login to account from PCM?
Your account is listed in the PCM, but you cannot access it?​
Your account is not listed in the PCM and you are trying to add it?​
Private mode is deactivated?
The LTE symbol is present in upper right of PCM indicating that your car has wireless data communication link to internet?
The SOS light above the rear-view mirror is green?
When you go to MyPorsche on desktop and your phone, you login and are able to access your vehicle's details, or not?
Prior to 4 weeks ago, this problem did not exist?
When you lost access 4 weeks ago, was it after something changed?
In MyPorsche web site on your desktop/laptop:
in your vehicle section, symbols below Porsche Connect setup are both green?​
In "my connect services"...configurable services, all the services listed show unexpired contract terms?​
Also, I have contacted PorscheNA customer service for a half dozen questions or problems in the last 8 months. Almost no success in getting questions answered or problems resolved. If I email and follow up by email, it has taken them more than 2 weeks to email a response, other than receipt of my email. Telephone response has been email pics of error messages and PCM screens, then I need to call to ensure they open the emails I sent, then "forwarding to 2nd level support" & no estimated date, and then no status from them until I call back.
Info/suggestions from this forum have resolved my questions/problems, not PorscheNA support.
You are not alone.
Your experience sounds very similar to mine. And yes, all of those things have been checked/are as they should be- there is no obvious reason why I can't login. I was able to login previously (although logins failed, temporarily, about every 4-6 weeks previously, but would work the next day or so) and now I can't login at all. My account isn't showing on the list because of the update and because I have factory reset the PCM. Green light showing, LTE showing, Sirius working- it's really just login that doesn't work.

Last edited:

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Your experience sounds very similar to mine. And yes, all of those things have been checked/are as they should be- there is no obvious reason why I can't login. I was able to login previously (although logins failed, temporarily, about every 4-6 weeks previously, but would work the next day or so) and now I can't login at all. My account isn't showing on the list because of the update and because I have factory reset the PCM. Green light showing, LTE showing, Sirius working- it's really just login that doesn't work.
What about details above relating to what you see on MyPorsche app?
And, when you say logins failed temporarily every 4 to 6 weeks, normally once you account is in PCM, there is no need to login again. Why were you having to login to your account again? Was the account not showing in the PCM then, too? If so, why was it deleted before?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When you attempt to add your account in the PCM, what error messages do you see?

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Taycan CT on the way
Country flag
Same problem here. The problem is that jt never asks for logon neither during setup after all resets and there is no account info anywhere!
Sponsored