feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Makes sense that if you are okay with dull handling, you may find a cheaper car more storage place with cheaper build as worth it.
The difference between a sports car and a land yacht.
Actually, after my racing experience in the Taycan yesterday, I think it is crazy to even think about comparing these cars. This Porsche is an all out racing machine in an amazing quality finish. I sometimes hit my MS90D hard on new winding city roads. Let me be clear, comparing these cars is not only utterly pointless it is stupid!

Why am I saying this: I ordered a Taycan to have a 4/5 seater EV for my daily drives sometimes with family. Getting off the racetrack, I was shocked because I have ordered a super sports car. I have to completely throw my thinking about this car away and start from scratch.

The other problem: I am even much more excited to get my new Taycan. The combination of acceleration and cornering is out of this world!
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was shocked because I have ordered a super sports car. I have to completely throw my thinking about this car away and start from scratch.
as some other people stated in early reviews, they made a Porsche that happens to be an EV, not an EV that happens to be a Porsche.

Glad you enjoyed the track! What are you rethinking based on that?

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
as some other people stated in early reviews, they made a Porsche that happens to be an EV, not an EV that happens to be a Porsche.

MORE TRACK TIME.......!! :cool:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

Sorry to disappoint you but I did not enjoy the track, I guess I am too old for racing.

A few years back I drove a Macan. I could not get any Porsche sports feeling rather than just Audi Q5 feeling. With Taycan it feels like that Porsche suddenly woke up and made a real sports car. I hammered this car around the corners in the track with even holding a camera in one hand. It is hard to comprehend how glued this thing is too the road.

My rethinking is that just because it disguises as a 4 door salon it is not a normal car it is like a Ferrari, it is a super sports car.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
no,, this is not correct, re- read the article. They ran both cars at 75 miles an hour for 100 miles To determine efficiency, it was not based on tesla having 95 kWh where Taycan uses only 83kWh. It was based on 75 mph for 100 miles. And this is where Porsche would do better, vs. at 55 mph.

1581181320889.png
I was talking about the initial EPA rating of the Model S.
They have three different ways to get numbers.
1. From manufacturer.
2. Extended test cycle (incl. high speed and ambient temperature)
3. Short test cycle (*0,7 factor for high speed/temp).

Tesla Model S was #1.
Taycan #3.
That's why Taycan looked so bad.

I've read the article.
This time you see the difference is not that bad, especially when you take in account the difference in battery available.

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
no,, this is not correct, re- read the article. They ran both cars at 75 miles an hour for 100 miles To determine efficiency, it was not based on tesla having 95 kWh where Taycan uses only 83kWh. It was based on 75 mph for 100 miles. And this is where Porsche would do better, vs. at 55 mph.

1581181320889.png
I think you are wrong. They write the Tesla only goes 10 miles longer than the Taycan, calculated for a full battery! Otherwise the Graf is stupid!
Agree or?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I think you are wrong. They write the Tesla only goes 10 miles longer than the Taycan, calculated for a full battery! Otherwise the Graf is stupid!
Agree or?
@EnjoyTheDrive is correct about the way that they tested. They calculated the efficiency of the cars at the higher speed and then they extrapolated the range of the two vehicles.

However, you are also correct: The graph is stupid. Test range in the real world, not the track. People do not drive this way. They could have just said that the Porsche will have long range the longer you are in second gear.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot

1581181320889.png
Ah! Now I see what you mean.
Indeed, my bad.
It has nothing to do with the energy available but consumption.
Sorry, lol!

Still, it shows the Model S uses a lot more energy than EPA states.
The difference with the Taycan is not that much.

Last edited:

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Actually, after my racing experience in the Taycan yesterday, I think it is crazy to even think about comparing these cars. This Porsche is an all out racing machine in an amazing quality finish. I sometimes hit my MS90D hard on new winding city roads. Let me be clear, comparing these cars is not only utterly pointless it is stupid!

Why am I saying this: I ordered a Taycan to have a 4/5 seater EV for my daily drives sometimes with family. Getting off the racetrack, I was shocked because I have ordered a super sports car. I have to completely throw my thinking about this car away and start from scratch.

The other problem: I am even much more excited to get my new Taycan. The combination of acceleration and cornering is out of this world!
This past Wednesday I spent some track time in a Taycan Turbo S at Porsche's Atlanta Experience Center. I have never been in a car that handles as well as the Taycan. It was a rainy day, and the car behaved as though the surface was dry. Even with the traction control turned off, the car was easy to drive. At the end of the session, the instructor took me for some hot laps. Absolutely mind boggling the speeds he was able to carry through the turns in the Taycan.

Ormond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
I never had a bad Tesla service experience, but would like something fresher. However, I’ve yet to see any Electrify America charging stations. The price is a factor too.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Bobrae99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Tesla’s has a higher EPA range but it’s “gimmick” is its 0-60 times. I’m not sure what the obsession is with comparing a 0-60 time of 3.4 vs 2.4? I’m more interested in the complete driving experience, customer service, dealer availability and having someone to talk to when you have a problem. Having owned a 2017 911, I’ve experienced all of the above ownership benefits Porsche has to offer along with its almost flawless build quality and attention to detail.

I’d be happy with a lightly equipped 4S and will happy when they start appearing on dealer lots.
Sponsored