Car arrives next week. What should I do first?

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
go for a long drive, and try different settings, everything from seat adjustments to sport, sport plus etc, find your comfort level. when you get on a straightaway Floor it and go fast, then also check your brakes and braking speeds this thing breaks quick. this car is unlike anything you have ever driven before. if not already take some time to get familiar with the 12 volt battery drain issue, maybe yours is already fixed, but it will save you some headache if you ever are in that situation. Ceramic and PPF was a top priority for me, I took it to the shop a week after i got it. better to have that stuff done when car is newer before chips etc. and yes, if ppfing the mirrors be ready to go back to a dealer for relclalibration of LCA lane change assist. my dealer fixed it while it was there for the 12 volt battery fix.
Sponsored

festus_mcBitcoin

First Name
Festus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 Turbo S, 2021 TTS (June 11)
Country flag
Most importantly - carefully select your playlist in advance for your first drive!
Truth! The channel "Elevator Music" on Spotify is my go to for background driving music. Looking forward to playing it on June 4 when my Taycan arrives in San Diego.

Pete C

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Inform the dealer not to wash the car, if they do, they will most likely scratch the paiting, drive it directly for coating. Spend the time at the dealer understanding charging and setting up your connect account. Find the manual! I never look in manuels before, until i got a Taycan.

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
Your receptacle for the charger needs to be upside down.

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag
After a little bit of fun, get the home charging setup. Find out if your power company has TIme of Use charging. If using the PMCC connect it to the wall. Set up your location based departure timer and SOC charge level (now recommended at 80%). When all that is working, review the threads on how to jump a dead 12v battery.

After that, lots more to do.

- or verify the fix to the 12v issue has been applied. Easy fix. Should not be an issue any longer.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Get ceramic coating! I did, and I’m really satisfied with it. It’s best to do it when it’s brand new.
Have fun with your new Taycan!
PPF over ceramic coating for sure. Ceramic coat will not protect the paint against chipping/damage. As much I love it - no Chik-fil-a inside.... My new cars' smell lasts over a year due to the fact I never put food or similar items inside the cabin - that's the ticket.

Congrats and enjoy in great health!

Bari

First Name
Bari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 911 GTS, 2021 Cayenne GTS Coupe, 2021 Taycan.
Country flag
Got notification yesterday that the car should arrive at the dealership this weekend. After some inspections and detailing, she'll be ready for me.

I've been staring at the mini Taycan on my desk for 3 months, and have the house wired for 240v (thanks to advice in this forum).

What should I do on day one? Are there PCM configurations that you suggest I make immediately? Features I should check out at the dealer before driving off the lot? Youtube videos I should watch? Fight the urge to drive through a Chick-fil-A and get that "new chicken smell" for the interior?

taycan1.jpg

taycan2.jpg
YouTube Pcwhisperer is absolutely the best. He has an entire library of Taycan stuff. He will also answer questions in detail and send you video's. He is a Porsche representative from California.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Set your seating position up - and then leave it alone.

Adjust your seat and steering wheel reach, so that when you are pushed back in your seat, (your head against the headrest) your wrists can rest on the top of the steering wheel.

Then check you can see instruments correctly. Adjust steering wheel up/down accordingly.

Then adjust all your other seat settings - and save (if memory seats).

Try not to keep adjusting these positions. Let your body get used to them instead.

jasonlaser

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'76 Porsche 914, '21 Taycan 4S Carmine Red ordered
Country flag
I should be getting mine next week and will schedule it for PPF on the whole front end ASAP. Would be so frustrating to have a rock chip the paint right after purchase, so figure it’s priority number 1.
what's the dealer (or installer) charging for the ceramic and PPF?

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
what's the dealer (or installer) charging for the ceramic and PPF?
I was quoted $1.500-2,400 for XPELand Suntek from various places...full front package (compete good, fenders, etc). Ended up going with a guy who a buddy has used with great success for $1,200 full front Suntek Ultra. Seems like a great price after considering other options.

Spd_Tkt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 4S, 20 Jeep JLUR, 14 991.1 C2S-MT, 13 BMW K16GT
Country flag
Richard: I am curious,. Are you going to add ceramic coating and PPF? If so are you going with your Bellevue Porsche dealer or some other nearby shop? My Taycan 4S will be arriving at the same dealership in 2 months.

Thanks

OP
OP

triton99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Richard: I am curious,. Are you going to add ceramic coating and PPF? If so are you going with your Bellevue Porsche dealer or some other nearby shop? My Taycan 4S will be arriving at the same dealership in 2 months.

Thanks
Yes and yes! I'm going with their recommended folks, and the price was reasonable. Getting it done next weekend. The ceramic shop uses a great product (http://www.modesta.co/) and also gives you what you need to wash the car in the future. Seems like good people.
Sponsored