Car asking for more air in tires??

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
My CT 4S suddenly started to ask for more pressure for its tires. It began with -0.2 missing on the right front wheel and slowly ended asking for 0.2 or 0.1 more for each of them. After adding more pressure, I ended up with 2.8 front and 2.4 rear (initially I aimed for 2.6 front 2.3 rear, as suggested by the door plate for my 20 inches summer tires). At current 2.8 and 2.4 I have no more errors on the dashboard (for now, at least), but the values are obviously not the ones written on the door (I checked the Good to Know app and I didn't find any values there, so the door is my only reference). I didn't activate the "full load" checkbox, car knows it's "empty".

Anyone else reported this issue? It can't be a faulty wheel sensor issue since it concerns all 4.

Porsche Taycan Car asking for more air in tires?? 20220811_091538
Sponsored

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I just went through this. The door plate shows full load pressure. The manual stated to go by what the car asks for.

OP
OP
Mtljckt

Mtljckt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT, BMW i3s, X5, 540i
Country flag
But the car was happy with 2.6 and 2.3 until two days ago. Now it's above full load values written on the door, even though the car is empty.
Why the sudden change? It's like an OTA update, asking for more air.

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
Very strange. Are you suddenly parking the car at a location where the ambient temperatures are lower, i.e. in a cold(er) garage as opposed to outside?
Sponsored